Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Well people have said they’d rather see honest real time errors than endless VAR:

I know,  I just feel that so much about the game is moving forward and progressing yet the standard of refereeing just remains as bad as it ever was.

I know the abuse, verbal and physical, they get at grass roots level means there’s not much coming through and talent pool is pretty shallow. It’s just frustrating. 

10 minutes ago, Livid said:

I honestly think VAR would have be more use in the Championship than the PL.

Some of what is given/missed is almost comical. 

I honestly don’t know what the answer is, the officials aren’t up to it, but I don’t want 5 minute delays whilst someone looks at 12 angles,15 close ups and tries to draw lines to compare someone’s elbow to a big toe

on someone’s left foot. 

Just use the semi-auto offside VAR system that is used in the Champions League, Serie A, World Cup etc.

So much better and actually gives you a very clear image of the offside

• Like 2

Guest glasgowfox
1 minute ago, Stinkenzo said:

I know it sounds bitter but feels like a while since Soton played anybody half decent. Us/Leeds/Ipswich were fairly early in the season for them 

Get what you mean but hope cardiff don't put your theory in the bin.

7 minutes ago, Livid said:

I know,  I just feel that so much about the game is moving forward and progressing yet the standard of refereeing just remains as bad as it ever was.

I know the abuse, verbal and physical, they get at grass roots level means there’s not much coming through and talent pool is pretty shallow. It’s just frustrating. 

Sometimes maybe people need to accept they won’t be perfect but they don’t which is why there was  the demand for VAR.

Guess in real time did it look offside unfortunately for Plymouth .

The PL don’t help themselves but not using the automatic offside system ?

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Well people have said they’d rather see honest real time errors than endless VAR:

We used to be able to just go mental with rage in the moment then hold a lifelong grudge against the official.

Now we have the VAR debate to make it worse.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The sky sports championship score panel is so much better than the premier league alternative. Actually showing us the goals and events happening whilst they talk through them.

They do in the week.

Not at the weekend due to the rights for the EFL.

PL would never allow goals to be shown .