Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

How was this not given? 

Ref is in line, only thing I can think of is he thinks it's taken a touch off the other players head?

Ridiculous.

Hate to say it, but we need VAR in this league, properly used of course.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Just me or is this reasonably OK? 

I know we’re clamouring for Ipswich to drop more points, but it’s not a slam dunk pen shout for me. 

Both players are jumping, so arms are going to be raised. The video is poor quality so hard to tell but looks like the attacking player pushes the Ipswich player too

The way the law is currently worded, I don't think they class that as the arm being in the natural silhouette of the body, so would be a penalty

Checking Southampton’s run of form… they have played a lot of dross in a row.

Plymouth, Swansea, QPR, Blackburn… draws vs Coventry & Watford, Cardiff, Bristol City (when they were being crap), Huddersfield (draw), West Brom, Millwall, Birmingham, Preston (draw), Hull, Rotherham (draw), Stoke, Leeds. 

Mean don’t get me wrong, you still have to win the games, but that is a kind run of fixtures.

Unbelievably mind, their fixtures in January look favourable too! 

What’s this season is showing in one perspective is…

Not only do we have to lose..

3 games

4 games

6 games

The chasing pack can’t afford like they are to drop points chasing us.

Southampton seem the ones throwing down the guantlet to the rest,and

giving us a small nudge & reminder,they are waiting for us to have a rocky period.

Whatever..I can’t see us imploding and drastically dropping points to allow those gaps to be immediately closed. I don’t believe we walk any of our games,we will stutter our way through,because we can’t kill any game off,despite our all round better quality.

We will still experience those “ Ipswich” style wobbles ,that will deny us any early

celebrations towards EOS..

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Apparently Coventry haven't beaten Swansea since 1981!

Not sure how many times they have played each other though.

Got a record like that against anyone?

Ref was rubbish at our game too - got a lot of stick from the fans which is quite rare for us. 

Your Hornets 🐝  look a bit in no-man’s-land at the moment? 

Any danger of stringing a run together or is it a case of Jekyll and Hyde performances? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Your Hornets 🐝  look a bit in no-man’s-land at the moment? 

Any danger of stringing a run together or is it a case of Jekyll and Hyde performances? 

Seem to have picked up our away form but not won at home for a bit although 2 were against Ipswich/Southampton and tonight had 10 men.

Bristol City was a nightmare defensive wise - basically handed 3 goals on a plate with an OG and poor passing from the back.

Our position is probably about  fair and most seem happy with it.

Probably could do with more depth and actually our strikers aren't great although seem to score on occasions. 

i mean we still have the same manager from the start of the season!

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1