Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

15 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Checking Southampton’s run of form… they have played a lot of dross in a row.

Plymouth, Swansea, QPR, Blackburn… draws vs Coventry & Watford, Cardiff, Bristol City (when they were being crap), Huddersfield (draw), West Brom, Millwall, Birmingham, Preston (draw), Hull, Rotherham (draw), Stoke, Leeds. 

Mean don’t get me wrong, you still have to win the games, but that is a kind run of fixtures.

Unbelievably mind, their fixtures in January look favourable too! 

Yeah their fixtures are very kind and then they have a very difficult stretch towards the end of the season.

For all the praise they are getting for a 17 match unbeaten run, across the 17 games they are level on points with us who have lost 2 and drew 2 in that time. It must be horrendous trying to stop us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

that Plymouth disallowed goal is obviously frustrating but it’s marginal, forgivable and absolutely not a reason to unleash VAR misery on the championship. 

I think the issue was that soton went straight up the other end and scored 

it’s just tough shite - was close enough to forgive the lino the error 

anything but var - they are incompetent using it in the PL with the best officials - imagine what a dick like Stroud would do with it ! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Those saying that Southampton have had an easy run recently let’s not forget we have played some absolute shit consecutively - Plymouth, Millwall, Birmingham and Rotherham. 

The championship mainly consists of shit teams, so there’s no point trying to measure one another. It’s expected that all three of the relegated teams will do well, and I think all three of us will go back up. 

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah their fixtures are very kind and then they have a very difficult stretch towards the end of the season.

For all the praise they are getting for a 17 match unbeaten run, across the 17 games they are level on points with us who have lost 2 and drew 2 in that time. It must be horrendous trying to stop us.

It’s only ourselves that can stop us really isn’t it - and it would be one mighty implosion if it were to happen.

Mean the other thing - for us to not go up automatically would require not 1 but 2 teams to go on an unbelievable run alongside that implosion.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Apparently Coventry haven't beaten Swansea since 1981!

Not sure how many times they have played each other though.

Got a record like that against anyone?

Ref was rubbish at our game too - got a lot of stick from the fans which is quite rare for us. 

Tonight is the first time that we have sone the double over Cardiff since 1961.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

With Cooper now available I can see some championship clubs looking at him as an option. Birmingham being one. 

He'll want better than the championship

• Like 1

Great results tonight.

Leeds dropping points really makes that three club chasing pack into a two club chasing pack as far as we are concerned.  Made all the sweeter after the massive high they must have been on after thrashing Ipswich.   The Scahdenfreude is delicious.

On the subject of Leeds, I'd just like to point out that all the variations of  '...Leeds, the best team The Championship has ever seen....; jokes are just as funny the seventy third time that you read them as the they were the first.  Definitely keep those coming please.  At this rate I'm going to start preferring it when Leeds win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

With Cooper now available I can see some championship clubs looking at him as an option. Birmingham being one. 

I think Cooper will end up at Crystal Palace.  He is better than Birmingham !!

• Like 2