Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

As of a week or so back, the table from last year at least, showed that after the equivalent games, the top 4 last season were on about the same points as 3rd-6th this season, due to Ipswich and ourselves running away with it. Obviously Ipswich have dropped off and Leeds have last back to back so that has changed but that is what I was referring to.

Basically, as I said in reply above, I would prefer to see it as us and Ipswich having set such an unprecedented start each, that teams like Leeds and Southampton’s positions look worse than normal.

Also, this forum has a tendency to make everything either amazing or awful and no balance in between. I’m not saying they or the job he’s done has been amazing, good or even average. I said it’s been underwhelming and underperforming but just not to the point of being ‘completely hopeless’. And I stand by that.

I didn’t mean to come across as though I was disagreeing with your post, apologies. 

Just fancied a bit of a rant about Leeds ‘fans’. They do have a good amount of real football fans, who know their stuff. There’s just a vast amount of idiots too.

Guest nathan.
1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

Better than Sunderland ? 

Yes Blackburn actually played very well.

Sunderland caught us by surprise with the energy and press. 

37 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Do we want them to lose early and badly, or at the last minute of extra time in the playoff final? :P :D 

I don't want to see them in the play off final. I'd rather they were at home with soggy hovis :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Leeds would be in massive trouble if they lost Summerville. He’s a premier league winger imo, I’d love to take him off them if we go up and they stay down. 

Watch Rutter’s body language recently, too. He’ll be offski if someone bigger throws down an offer 

43 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I see Kieran McKenna is being linked with Palace and Brighton. If either were to happen in the next few months that would be very very helpful for us.

I think they’ll start to slide now a bit. They look like they’ve ran out of steam. 

17 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think they’ll start to slide now a bit. They look like they’ve ran out of steam. 

Maybe. I hope not though—they deserve a lot of credit and their continued pressure on us can only be a good thing for our development.

That aside, I think it would be a poor decision of McKenna to leave for Palace. Brighton is another story, but that only happens if a club poaches De Zerbi. I don't think that will happen mid-season.

Edited by CloudFox