Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Maybe. I hope not though—they deserve a lot of credit and their continued pressure on us can only be a good thing for our development.

That aside, I think it would be a poor decision of McKenna to leave for Palace. Brighton is another story, but that only happens if a club poaches De Zerbi. I don't think that will happen mid-season.

Yeah palace is probably the most boring job in the prem. 

McKennas stock is probably as high as it could ever be right now I could see him jumping ship.  You do feel like a couple more middling results for Ipswich could derail them quite badly at which point McKenna loses a bit of credibility.  If he's going to get another job, now would be the time. But the same could be said for Enzo as well to be fair.

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Exactly this.

De Zerbi will leave for a “bigger” club but that’s not happening right now.

I don’t know why but I could see him replacing Pep when he leaves Man City.

Are you mental? We all know Brendan Rodgers has already got that gig.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Exactly this.

De Zerbi will leave for a “bigger” club but that’s not happening right now.

I don’t know why but I could see him replacing Pep when he leaves Man City.

Honestly think a couple of good seasons with us and Maresca will end up at Manchester City. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I think they’ll start to slide now a bit. They look like they’ve ran out of steam. 

They had 4-5 key players out for QPR game told to me by an ipswich fan, a bug going round and injury to hirst, they played norwich, us and leeds in their last 6.  Unlike Leeds there is a clear reasoning for their dip and every reason to believe its temporary but will see, either way mckenna has done an astounding job there.  They might not make second, but I think they will be top 3 come end of season.

Edited by Chrysalis

20 hours ago, gurru991 said:

One of the rumours floating around Newcastle is that Brendan is going to replace Howe. 

20 hours ago, KingsX said:

PleasePleasePlease.gif.4fbf86d3fd6937988bab46c5d88d4676.gif

Oddly enough I think Brendan would do a decent job at Newcastle in the first 2 years with the foundations Howe has set. It would be disaster from year 3 onwards though.

• Like 3

Just now, Nalis said:

Oddly enough I think Brendan would do a decent job at Newcastle in the first 2 years with the foundations Howe has set. It would be disaster from year 3 onwards though.

He usually gets a decent 12 - 18 months out of a quality squad if he can inherit one.  Though I honestly don't think a club like them will have interest in a guy with such a consistent record of destroying squad value.

Mostly I'm just intrigued by the idea of the Poison Dwarf at Beheaders FC.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

i can’t wait for him to bemoan their lack of quality when he realizes how sh*te almiron and dan burn really are.