Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, ceredigion said:

The three teams relegated from the Premier League last season will all get promoted this season and the three teams promoted to the Premier League last season will all get relegated. That's probably never happened before in Football League as well as Premier League history.

Could happen but if there is a God Luton will stay up and Leeds will stay down. 

• Like 1

Just now, FoyleFox said:

I'd like Luton to stay up at the expense of Forest :D

A couple of weeks ago if have said Forest were in huge d anger but those two wins and their new manager means they'll probably survive unfortunately 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turtle27 said:

Sam Morsy got a yellow card today meaning he gets a two game ban. Does the FA cup count? If not he will be banned against us 

Yup Morsy will be suspended against us. Burgess at Asia Cup, obviously Hirst missing, potentially Davis might still be out injured too. So we should have the upper hand despite our own absentees. 

Edited by brucey

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

Yup Morsy will be suspended against us. Burgess at AFCON, obviously Hirst missing, potentially Davis might still be out injured too. So we should have the upper hand despite our own absentees. 

He won't. FA Cup game and next league game will be the two suspension games. 

EDIT: @brucey I am wrong - no longer appplies to cup comps or only red cards do. Apologises. 

Edited by CosbehFox

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We need to lose 5 in a row for Southampton to get past us, can't see it.

We can lose 5 in a row. The question is can they win 5 in a row if this happens? We/me/you worry about completely fictional situations. We need to enjoy more what we're having now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

He won't. FA Cup game and next league game will be the two suspension games. 

Yellow card suspensions are competition specific. 

Red card suspensions count across competitions. 

30 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

We can lose 5 in a row. The question is can they win 5 in a row if this happens? We/me/you worry about completely fictional situations. We need to enjoy more what we're having now. 

I wouldn't worry too much.

Surely unless there is some sort of injury crisis or loss in form you are going up.

I know Southampton got 5 the other week but do they generally score enough goals?

Feel it will be you and Leeds top 2.

Edited by Super_horns

8 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Wonder how long the Birmingham owners will give Rooney, fan base has had enough

imagine my shock

Over on the BBC Sport website, they have a 'Have Your Say' after match reports.

Curiously, this option wasn't available  for the Brum match today.

I'm sure their supporters would certainly have lots to say.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Over on the BBC Sport website, they have a 'Have Your Say' after match reports.

Curiously, this option wasn't available  for the Brum match today.

I'm sure their supporters would certainly have lots to say.

Maybe they're launching a new section "Have your Rage"? 

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I can see Rooney getting the boot soon and the last manager brought back after some begging by the brum city board. What a circus that club is.

Wazza will get the Man U job when Ten Hag gets the sack.

• Haha 2

Great results today but still can’t understand how Southampton fails to lose a game. They always find a way to scrape a point. Still miles behind us. Leeds winning is unfortunate. Ipswich better watch out now!

10 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Great results today but still can’t understand how Southampton fails to lose a game. They always find a way to scrape a point. Still miles behind us. Leeds winning is unfortunate. Ipswich better watch out now!

It's a good thing Southampton started slowly, and we played them when we did. 

23 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

It's no bother if we keep winning! If they draw!