Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

13 minutes ago, Koke said:

It's a good thing Southampton started slowly, and we played them when we did. 

We will beat them. They aren't going to change the way they play against us and it'll be similar to the away game. 

26 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Great results today but still can’t understand how Southampton fails to lose a game. They always find a way to scrape a point. Still miles behind us. Leeds winning is unfortunate. Ipswich better watch out now!

They're 18 unbeaten but have picked up fewer points than we have over those 18 games. 

• Like 2

How are Coventry almost in the play offs. 3 or 4 wins on the bounce will take you from 16th to 6th in this god forsaken league.

1 hour ago, FoxesTez said:

They're 18 unbeaten but have picked up fewer points than we have over those 18 games. 

Hmmm... I see different points totals quoted for runs of form and was wondering whether people pick 6 games, 5 games or 18 games or whatever to tell a narrative that they want to convey (i.e. state it in our favour). So I picked 12 games :D

The reason I picked 12 is because I wanted to do it from the Leeds loss, which coincided with our worst mini run of form. Since then we've gained 26 points and Southampton 28 points. 

My point? None whatsoever I'm just trying to reassure myself that the Saints won't have enough games to catch us :scarf:

• Like 1

I'm not sure how Tom Brady and his genius mates running BCFC can fix their little problem.

Wayne Rooney's ₤5 million due through 2025-26 should soak up ten percent of their gross revenues for this and the next three seasons (not counting obligations to the rest of his staff).  If Man U paid Ten Hag that same 10% it would be ₤60 million/ year  :blink:  Who else would hire him to void that IOU?

That's a hell of an FFP albatross if a club is trying to hire an ex-PL coach or upgrade a squad.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I'm just trying to reassure myself that the Saints won't have enough games to catch us

We're averaging 2.5 points a game. If we keep going like we have been, or anywhere near, ain't nobody gonna catch us.

If we drop to 2 points a game, even if they won every match from here on they'd only be seven points ahead of us. So even if we do substantially worse from now on, they could only afford to drop seven points in the last twenty games to catch us.

If we do carry on like we are, Ipswich would need to win every remaining game to end up level on points, and Southampton coundn't catch us even if they did that. Which they won't.

I know 'nothing's won until it's won,' but...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

John Eustace must be loving this, Rooney sacked already lol

Absolute clown school ownership over there.

Wouldn't be surprised if he came back, still being paid....

13 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Rarely would I rely on anything reported by the mirror, but the fast more reliable Percy also reports the same. The Rooney experiment has been an utter disaster.

only reason i trust the mirror one is cos its by Neil Moxley, hes pretty sound with birmingham stuff

1 hour ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

We're averaging 2.5 points a game. If we keep going like we have been, or anywhere near, ain't nobody gonna catch us.

If we drop to 2 points a game, even if they won every match from here on they'd only be seven points ahead of us. So even if we do substantially worse from now on, they could only afford to drop seven points in the last twenty games to catch us.

If we do carry on like we are, Ipswich would need to win every remaining game to end up level on points, and Southampton coundn't catch us even if they did that. Which they won't.

I know 'nothing's won until it's won,' but...

Thank you

I need this sort of reassurance. After supporting LCFC for 35 years my mind is constantly trying to invent new ways that we could **** this up! 

It is amazing how badly Brum have got that wrong. 

I know Garry Cook is best mates with Rooney but still, how did someone as experienced as him ever think that was a good idea?

This is a business man who helped launch the Jordan brand at Nike, steered Man City through their takeover, set up the Saudi league..... 

And now he's in charge of his boyhood club! Mad how he's got it so wrong so early.

The Rooney fiasco was an unbelievably stupid farce from start to finish, the actions of unimaginably stupid, arrogant ownership.

• Like 4