Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Thank you

I need this sort of reassurance. After supporting LCFC for 35 years my mind is constantly trying to invent new ways that we could **** this up! 

This is also me. But, even I'm thinking it'll probably be fine....then I panic as optimism isn't natural lol

Another 10 games with the same form and I might relax.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The Rooney fiasco was an unbelievably stupid farce from start to finish, the actions of unimaginably stupid, arrogant ownership.

too true, 

no one can deny hes been shit at birmingham, Rotherham have a better record during the games Rooney has had in charge of Birmingham and thats saying something

I stand by the fact hes a below average manager, the one full season he had in charge of derby(half decent one) he took them down

shame hes gone really would have loved him to have still been in charge for when they come to the KP

23 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It is amazing how badly Brum have got that wrong. 

I know Garry Cook is best mates with Rooney but still, how did someone as experienced as him ever think that was a good idea?

This is a business man who helped launch the Jordan brand at Nike, steered Man City through their takeover, set up the Saudi league..... 

And now he's in charge of his boyhood club! Mad how he's got it so wrong so early.

Probably trying to grow the brand in the US by getting someone who is well known and popular over there. Suppose John Eustace wasnt a fashionable enough name for them

43 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Martin’s post-match interview after their draw at Norwich was astoundingly arrogant. 

I read some of it on sky last night and it immediately riled me. Don't think there's another manager in football who I dislike more than Russell Martin. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I read some of it on sky last night and it immediately riled me. Don't think there's another manager in football who I dislike more than Russell Martin. 

The poison dwarf midget?

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I warmed to him after what he said about Sunak! 😄 

• Haha 2

Probably offer him Freedom of the City like they did when he bravely took Derby down to League 1. Shocking decision to sack Eustace in the first place and equally daft to appoint someone which a poor managerial record.

Won't get any flak as too many of his mates in the media. 

Oh dear, the granny shagging ogre sacked again.

The likes of Rooney, Lampard & Gerrard should really just sit back and enjoy retirement rather than embarrassing themselves with these attempts at management.

No surprise in this news.

What a waste of an appointment. Rooney's managerial record is abysmal, a bit like how Birmingham City has been run over the last couple of decades.

Watch out Dyche as Rooney will probably be slotted in to get the 'toffees' relegated!!

18 hours ago, Daggers said:

Shrek has to get the sack now 😂

:cool:

And the board can sack themselves for sacking a manager who was overachieving with a poor squad to replace him with yet another celebrity white pillock. 

Still, I’m sure they can find another ex-superstar who will be able to magic a great performance out of Brum’s shite squad. 

Not only has the appointment of Rooney undone all the good work Eustace did, its also reduced their pool of potential managers. What decent manager will want to work for them now, they'll be scrapping the bottom of the barrell and will have the likes of Bruce, Hughes and Ince fighting it out for the job.

I saw him interviewed after our game on Sky, and couldn't get over how little sense he made. To the point where i thought he wasn't well so I didn't take the piss.  Clearly not made out for management. Hopefully can be involved in the game somehow but lets hope some bright US owner doesn't think Rooney should be key to their plans.