Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

I feel slightly sorry for Rooney. You got the whole country mocking him. He naively tried to make Birmingham into a more expansive team and they were pretty good when we played them, certainly more threatening than most sides we play against week in week out . He also gave game time to lots of young players and really developed Jordan James. I think if he drops down, is humble and takes over a lower league side, there's a career in this for him yet. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Oh dear, the granny shagging ogre sacked again.

The likes of Rooney, Lampard & Gerrard should really just sit back and enjoy retirement rather than embarrassing themselves with these attempts at management.

I think Gerrard could be ok he has a bit about him, Rooney no idea why he even went into management imagine listening to him telling you what to do.

It would be wise for these players to at least go in as assistant first like Terry

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

I presume this means that Birmingham City are going to have to change their name again having been rebranded as: Wayne Rooney’s Birmingham City

I’m also amused that the “Wagatha Christie Derby” never made it further than some sort of wet dream in the head of a Sun headline writer 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Pearson for Birmingham 

No dont it Nigel

Reports on twitter their trying to lure big sam out of retirement. Id be surprised to see him back.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Rooney needs to take a break and think about his ability to manage. He is not cut out for this at the current levels. Doesn't have the know how and perhaps better suited as some sort of coach or non league manager right now. 

Earn some real stripes in the non player role and who knows maybe one day he will be better than he currently is not.

I always think fair play to ex players who give management a go, especially ones that won a lot as players, but Rooney proving not cut out for it. 

I wonder if Rooney goes to Salford, wouldn't surprise me. 

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Steve Cooper to Birmingham, done deal apparently. 

What a silly move by him when his stock is so high 

Very surprised at that

Palace seem to be very interested in him and I could easily see Hodgson getting booted soon even after winning their last game

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Good lord, he is unbelievable.

Only interesting part was what he said about Joe Aribo, he seems to allude to him being available until after their game against Sheffield Wednesday on 13th Jan. I can't see how Nigeria would allow that.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I feel slightly sorry for Rooney. You got the whole country mocking him. He naively tried to make Birmingham into a more expansive team and they were pretty good when we played them, certainly more threatening than most sides we play against week in week out . He also gave game time to lots of young players and really developed Jordan James. I think if he drops down, is humble and takes over a lower league side, there's a career in this for him yet. 

Same, I hope he comes good as a manager. 

So many ex pros are comfortable sitting on their cash (who can really blame them), at least Rooney is ****in giving it a go like. 

Can we all just pray he stays in management and not become a pundit? That would be bad for mankind.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Brilliant league mate. A lot more fun than the god forsaken promised land will be next season that’s for sure - IF we get promoted. 

I desperately want to get out of the championship. There's alot that I can't stand about the premier league but I want this club to be the best it can be. The championship would be very depressing of we were plodding around lower mid-table like we were in the mid-2000s. Us being in the Premier league is also the best way to ensure that we attract the next generation of Leicester fans. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

It is amazing how badly Brum have got that wrong.
I know Garry Cook is best mates with Rooney but still, how did someone as experienced as him ever think that was a good idea

All his Twitter followers were sure to buy a record haul in kits and merch!!  A no-brainer really

bluesstoresale.thumb.JPG.0cd692868bd90e618b4b61393487a14d.JPG

16 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Brilliant league mate. A lot more fun than the god forsaken promised land will be next season that’s for sure - IF we get promoted. 

Totally agree!!!

Getting promoted and being back in the circus that is the PL is going to be very bittersweet.

• Like 1