Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Totally agree!!!

Getting promoted and being back in the circus that is the PL is going to be very bittersweet.

Lately i have gone full circle on this.  Pissing the league (so far) has had its upsides, but i would like to get back to watching the best players come to the KP. Literally have no idea who the majority of the players im watching are. I know if we get this over the line that next season is going to be a very difficult year, but I want to see our players have to break a sweat against some top talent, rather than watching Vesty walk the ball to the half way line because a second rate attacker is caking himself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ipswich boss Kieran McKenna has confirmed that striker George Hirst is expected to miss the majority of the remainder of the season after suffering an injury against Leicester City.

• Sad 4

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Ipswich boss Kieran McKenna has confirmed that striker George Hirst is expected to miss the majority of the remainder of the season after suffering an injury against Leicester City.

Lad was clearly in discomfort and then went to run it off. 

8 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Cooper would be daft to take this job, considering where Birmingham are. I think there's better jobs available. I don't know if Birmingham are offering a decent wage to lure him. 

But when he joined Forest they were in an even worse position?

16 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Cooper would be daft to take this job, considering where Birmingham are. I think there's better jobs available. I don't know if Birmingham are offering a decent wage to lure him. 

If he's guaranteed money and time then he'd be fine going there. The new owners will want to put their mark on the club and probably will spend money. 

16 minutes ago, Bert said:

But when he joined Forest they were in an even worse position?

Do you not presume that he may have earned something a little better? Its not going to be a 1 year project to get Birmingham promoted.

30 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

He was only on 1.5m a season at forest. The same brum was paying rooney

41 minutes ago, davieG said:

Shame for them,now we've got 10 points on them I'm sort of rooting for them to get 2nd.

• Like 2

Someone like Tony Mowbray or our Nige would be a solid appointment for Birmingham, both would lay some very solid foundations for anyone else Birmingham would get in the future.

19 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

It looks like Cooper doesn't have any confidence or ambition. Why take a job there? Is it just money? Unlikely, unless the wages are really really high which I doubt. 

I’m not sure Cooper gets a shot at anything more attractive to be honest.

I know there’s rumours linking him to Palace - but that jobs not vacant yet and could be a poisoned chalice.

At least with Birmingham there’s money and ambition, plus a reasonably low and achievable bar in terms of expectations to start with.

It’s also a job close to where he’s based… although the downside of that is it’s still Birmingham. 

6 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I know there’s rumours linking him to Palace - but that jobs not vacant yet and could be a poisoned chalice.

At least with Birmingham there’s money and ambition, plus a reasonably low and achievable bar in terms of expectations to start with.

It’s also a job close to where he’s based… although the downside of that is it’s still Birmingham. 

Is the bar at Birmingham actually low?

Didn't they sack the last bloke when they were 7th? And for Rooney of all people. 

Money talks but they look like a shambles at the minute.

31 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Do you not presume that he may have earned something a little better? Its not going to be a 1 year project to get Birmingham promoted.

Not disputing that, no. 

But currently, what is there around, should Cooper want to get back into management?

They’ve gone for the big name which hasn’t worked. Cooper’s got the track record of turning a club around. Let’s not forget this same squad of Birmingham players were in and around the playoffs until their hierarchy had a brain fart. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The Palace job is also not an attractive one. It's the "happy we exist in PL" team. Idk if Cooper is rated high as a manager. If this is the case he can wait for some other jobs to become available in PL (Newcastle, ManUtd, Chelsea). A lot of stupid owners around to offer jobs. 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Not disputing that, no. 

But currently, what is there around, should Cooper want to get back into management?

They’ve gone for the big name which hasn’t worked. Cooper’s got the track record of turning a club around. Let’s not forget this same squad of Birmingham players were in and around the playoffs until their hierarchy had a brain fart. 

That's a fair point - apart from Palace there's no signs of any of the lower Prem sides making a change now or any of last year's relegated teams/top championship teams either.

If he's keen to keep working then Brum are a team with potential and Cooper knows this division well.  He'll probably see it as a decent challenge.

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

The Palace job is also not an attractive one. It's the "happy we exist in PL" team. Idk if Cooper is rated high as a manager. If this is the case he can wait for some other jobs to become available in PL (Newcastle, ManUtd, Chelsea). A lot of stupid owners around to offer jobs. 

I don't think he's rated highly enough to get any of those jobs.  They all need a bigger name.