Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

15 minutes ago, Phube said:

Hypothetical Question:

If we sacked Enzo today and replaced him with Rooney; could he get us promoted? 

I just don’t know, is it even possible to fail from where we are now? But then Rooney is quite bad? 

Yes, but only because Rooney likely has no real tactical nous and will just keep them playing roughly as they are. 

You'd drop points but not enough to lose top two IMO. 

3 hours ago, Stinkenzo said:

I don't disagree Palace are probably one of the last clubs anyone would name when asked to list all PL clubs, but I don't think their managers job is that unappealing. Some good youngsters, seemingly a good eye for talent but above all very much a Premier League club who haven't been involved in a relegation battle (or anything, admittedly) for as long as I can remember. There is definitely potential to build something a la Brighton with the right backing/support

And the biggest plus of all for many people, London. Personally dislike the place but many don’t. 

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

has no real tactical nous

His set up v us a few weeks ago was staggering in its naivety. 

They 'had a go' which caused us to break sweat in fairness for the opening 15 mins, but it was pure luck in the end that Brum didn't get bummed by 6 or 7. It was tactical suicide and played directly into our hands. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I feel slightly sorry for Rooney. You got the whole country mocking him. He naively tried to make Birmingham into a more expansive team and they were pretty good when we played them, certainly more threatening than most sides we play against week in week out . He also gave game time to lots of young players and really developed Jordan James. I think if he drops down, is humble and takes over a lower league side, there's a career in this for him yet. 

I'd take him at Kettering tbf.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Southampton and Leeds need to get promoted with us. We all make the Premier League so much more attractive. As Mourinho said, it's football heritage. 

Such a terrible take. What does football heritage even mean?

The beat thing about football is that no team has a right to play in any particular league or level. The fact that the likes of Luton, Bournemouth, Brentford etc. can move through the divisions and play top flight football is what makes it unique.

If I had the choice now it would be Ipswich and Sunderland of the contenders coming up with us, nothing against Southampton but Leeds can rot in this division until they slide back to league one.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The beat thing about football is that no team has a right to play in any particular league or level. The fact that the likes of Luton, Bournemouth, Brentford etc. can move through the divisions and play top flight football is what makes it unique.

If I had the choice now it would be Ipswich and Sunderland of the contenders coming up with us, nothing against Southampton but Leeds can rot in this division until they slide back to league one.

As it's a funny one, you are of course right in an ideal world, but this filthy league needs the constance of some of the teams it contains. Rather depressingly.

3 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

Couldn't agree more. Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney and Giggs have not got what it takes to be a top coach - never mind a elite manager. 

It's one thing using your experience to be able to tell what's happening in a game. An other thing entirely to be able to do something to change and affect what is happening. 

Stick to punditry, lads.

To all the Posters….& ones called Fans..

Easy to sit on the throne of cynical Judgement..

Rooney,Gerrard,Lampard…earlier Banks,Charlton, Shilton, other greats

They all had a go,tryed and didn’t run away from the commitment..

Maybe even,after were  pushed…

Whether having coming through a top,career, or new/unknown names who grow through coaching academies, it proves in many ways,like when all & sundry call for experts who understand the nuances and have that sprinkling dust of  the sports nous,is just really a myth. Same through life really,great technicians experts at their

jobs,don’t always make great chef,leaders or bosses..

But it might help if bosses.,leaders,chefs can understand and can carry some knowledge of the sports or professions they move among.

Still having some type of apprenticeships,and then experience building after collecting your recognition…Start low to build high platforms and knowledge.

Then across all blueprints,there are those born with those natural talents excell and those that excell through natural talents.

.Everybody has & can find their place,  except those who judge without the understanding of giving it a go..

Then again those who do stand proud,and put themselves in the front or shop window have to have the character, to accept the following consequences…:whistle:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Phube said:

Hypothetical Question:

I just don’t know, is it even possible to fail from where we are now? But then Rooney is quite bad? 

Well lets just say Birmingham were just outside the play offs before he arrived now they sit two places above the relegation zone. Say no more.

4 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Rooney's kid slagging the team off calling everyone fat and shit 😂

Wonder if it was Rebekah Vardy he was messaging 😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Yorkshire county cricket, and Leeds are stamped and work with have the same toolbox..

Great traditions & achievements,but haven’t learnt,that each generation needs to earn their position,not mouth about it..

11 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Tbf I was half joking. But I will say the Championship is full of wannabe big clubs who did well 70 years ago and are still clinging on to that. I'm glad teams like Brighton and Brentford are in the Premier League rather than Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday.

Edited by Koke

12 hours ago, Phube said:

Hypothetical Question:

Can't we just enjoy the good times? 

I've no desire to even consider such a scenario, even if just hypothetical!