Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

30 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

The Pearson build is slowly clicking, he always said it would take 3 full seasons as the club was broken when he took over.

Tbh the optimism comes from some of the football they were playing 2nd half of last season, which was lovely to watch, except they couldn't put the ball in the net.

That last bit of the jigsaw seems to clicking into place preseason,  but doesn't mean it will translate into the proper season itself.

Tommy Conway being injured for a lot of last season didn't help as the kid is a natural goalscorer.

This is the first proper project Pearson's been given since he left us.  After what he did for us I'd like to see him taste some more success.  Best of luck for the season.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Probably wrong thread but I live in Paisley, Scotland and just saw a guy wearing a Leicester top in B&Q. Only the second I’ve seen in over 15 years in Scotland haha. 

Must be a relative of Bodgers wearing his Christmas present?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Is anyone else starting to feel increasingly uneasy about the opening game. I’ve got a feeling Coventry will catch us cold. 

Most definately me also! I have an image of them banging a late goal in after a drab game and things turning nasty from a crowd that thinks we only have to turn up to win every game in the Championship !

Edited by Jono1604

Just now, Jono1604 said:

Most definately me also! I have an image of them banging a late goal in after a drab game and things turning nasty from a crowd that thinks we only have to turn to win every game in the Championship !

I’m thinking we’re more likely to gift them a bunch of easy goals and they end up thrashing us….. Mads might only get one game before Coventry, which is insane. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jono1604 said:

Most definately me also! I have an image of them banging a late goal in after a drab game and things turning nasty from a crowd that thinks we only have to turn up to win every game in the Championship !

Our crowd didn’t get nasty last season, and that deserved fans hounding out the manager/board/owner. In the event of a poor season I’m very confident we’ll have a number of excuses lined up to deflect from a poor season. 

Injuries, lack of signings and the team/manager needing more time to gel will likely be the top 3 IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Our crowd didn’t get nasty last season, and that deserved fans hounding out the manager/board/owner. In the event of a poor season I’m very confident we’ll have a number of excuses lined up to deflect from a poor season. 

Injuries, lack of signings and the team/manager needing more time to gel will likely be the top 3 IMO. 

Some of them did to a woman at Brentford tho - cos they saw an easy target. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Is anyone else starting to feel increasingly uneasy about the opening game. I’ve got a feeling Coventry will catch us cold. 

When the game was called off against Spurs I got a strange feeling of relief. The dread of being battered and annoyed at the team again puts me right off. Same feeling for first game of the season. Hopefully they prove me wrong but I just can’t see past another miserable season littered with errors and inconsistencies. The club just isn’t in a good place and things like that don’t just change over night. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Hull 2016 vibes 

For some of us older fans memories of 1987 Shrewsbury at Home first game of the season come to.mind after being relegated from old div 1 we were favourites to go straight back up lost the game in the last few minutes after a poor match Walshie broke David Geddis's jaw got 12 match ban awful.sesson after just a few games it was clear we were a long way from Div 1!

41 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Where can I find it please? Is it championship specific or Leicester specific? 

Search Big Strong Leicester Boys on your podcast provider, or here https://linktr.ee/bigstrongleicesterboys

Leicester specifc - championship wise, there's a few knocking about, think Benjamin Bloom seems to be the most level headed from what I've seen.

Edited by BSLBPod
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

lol didn't he actually just hide from them until they got fed up?

I believe that he bravely fought off 50 of them, making a set of clothes out of their hides, feasted on their flesh and then developed a cure for cancer with the entrails and bones.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jono1604 said:

For some of us older fans memories of 1987 Shrewsbury at Home first game of the season come to.mind after being relegated from old div 1 we were favourites to go straight back up lost the game in the last few minutes after a poor match Walshie broke David Geddis's jaw got 12 match ban awful.sesson after just a few games it was clear we were a long way from Div 1!

And to balance it out with feelings and also date, I am optimistic and excited, unfortunately in the same way I was when we got tanked 5-0 by big fat sams newly promoted Bolton. 😢 

Edited by gw_leics772