Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

For balance, the Russell Martin interview I was talking about was the 5 Live post-match. 

Strange bloke, but is doing a good job there. 

Brussell Fartin

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Phube said:

Hypothetical Question:

If we sacked Enzo today and replaced him with Rooney; could he get us promoted? 

I just don’t know, is it even possible to fail from where we are now? But then Rooney is quite bad? 

Easily. Enzo has done such a good job drilling his philosophy into the players that I genuinely think they could employ me and still go up automatically. Rooneys problem at Birmingham was he tried to implement a very similar style of play to what currently use, without having the players to do so and without having the "buy in" from those players. So he would come in, change very little. The leadership group would kick in with the likes of Coady and Winks making sure standards don't drop  and we would comfortably get the 1.25 points a game to get to 90 points which should just about be enough. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
17 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I really don't see much to be offended by - he's got a bit of a manner about him which isn't my cup of tea but for me, nothing to see here.

He talks like he's inhaled about 4 bags of gear.

Also waits for his players to leave the pitch before going to have his 'moment' with the away end. He's so unbelievably full of himself he makes Brendan look humble.

14 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Yeah it's a bit of a weird one. 

£4m hasn't been the going rate for a decent prospect from the Championship for a while. 

I quite like "the other" JJ, decent all round midfielder. Hasn't quite struck me as an obvious top half Serie A talent but Atalanta typically have a good idea. Definitely think he'll mostly have a career as a top flight footballer. 

Would take him over Casadei on current form. 

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

£4m hasn't been the going rate for a decent prospect from the Championship for a while. 

I quite like "the other" JJ, decent all round midfielder. Hasn't quite struck me as an obvious top half Serie A talent but Atalanta typically have a good idea. Definitely think he'll mostly have a career as a top flight footballer. 

When you see how well the likes of Aaron Hickley, Josh Doig, Ademola Lookman and Lewis Ferguson have done in Serie A, I can see why Italian clubs have spotted a market to tap in to.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

When you see how well the likes of Aaron Hickley, Josh Doig, Ademola Lookman and Lewis Ferguson have done in Serie A, I can see why Italian clubs have spotted a market to tap in to.

Yeah no question. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Honestly I can't see why other leagues haven't jumped on this trend. Bundesliga sides have to some extent. But jumping on British talent, especially English players, if they do have any sort of success English clubs are then willing to pay a premium for them. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder if that's why they hired Congerton. Granted he has clear flaws but does have experience with youth set ups and spotting talent at a young age. Probably has a decent book of lads from academies who are now hitting first team football. 

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I wonder if that's why they hired Congerton. Granted he has clear flaws but does have experience with youth set ups and spotting talent at a young age. Probably has a decent book of lads from academies who are now hitting first team football. 

Quite possibly. I didn't think Congerton had gone in there as the main head of recruitment but had a quick look and he now seems to be Head of Sport and above the Sporting Director. Christ.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Lookman is another player that would be brilliant under Enzo. Would be an upgrade on Mavididi.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kenny said:

Lookman is another player that would be brilliant under Enzo. Would be an upgrade on Mavididi.

Makes you wonder how many quality players Brendan wasted. Would Lookman, Tete, Under have flourished under Enzo?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Tbf I was half joking. But I will say the Championship is full of wannabe big clubs who did well 70 years ago and are still clinging on to that. I'm glad teams like Brighton and Brentford are in the Premier League rather than Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday.

Yup, nice to see..all tradition clubs  wackle and lose their might.Giving us these Turn-around,proving,when clubs come & go, there is a platform,that by nature,creates New names…

Accrington, PNE,  ( Tyneside clubs) Everton,Sheffield-anything had their say..but still

have worthy ,humble fans.

56 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Makes you wonder how many quality players Brendan wasted. Would Lookman, Tete, Under have flourished under Enzo?

Any winger who is quick and good at taking players on would have thrived. Lookman and Ünder tick those boxes. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Koke said:

Southampton and Leeds need to get promoted with us. We all make the Premier League so much more attractive. As Mourinho said, it's football heritage. 

All the divisions should always remain the same as they were when I was a lad. None of this Forest Green and Salford muck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I’d take prime junior Lewis over Casadei 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dave Fishwick said:

All the divisions should always remain the same as they were when I was a lad. None of this Forest Green and Salford muck

yeah and we could bring back Oldham, Oxford, Colchester and Aldershot while we are at it.

Seriously though, when you look at it  there are some names with a big history currently languishing in non league

4 hours ago, SystonFox said:

i can't imagine anyone being an upgrade on Mavididi and Fatawu right now but you do have a point. 

Where does Ghezzal fit into all this? :-D 

Automatic ban for mentioning a player like this....:ph34r:

• Like 1