Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

5 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Luke Williams heading to Swansea potentially.

Be a good appointment for them ?

Another young manager.

Another manager who plays positional, possession based football like Maresca and Martin.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah it's a bit of a weird one. 

£4m hasn't been the going rate for a decent prospect from the Championship for a while. 

I quite like "the other" JJ, decent all round midfielder. Hasn't quite struck me as an obvious top half Serie A talent but Atalanta typically have a good idea. Definitely think he'll mostly have a career as a top flight footballer. 

Would take him over Casadei on current form. 

things appear to be going backwards at Atalanta, the recruitment seems stale. 

Congerton got plaudits early on, really because he brought in Lookman. But he was obviously with him here, so it wasn’t exactly a gamble.   The guy is awful and a big part of our mistakes.

Atlanta will fall away from what they have been building and will become a nothing club imo 

*They even went and picked up CDK, another from his black book with us 

Edited by Lambert09

19 hours ago, goose2010 said:

When on earth was prime Junior Lewis as it wasn't when he was here. 

19 hours ago, goose2010 said:

When on earth was prime Junior Lewis as it wasn't when he was here. 

Prime Lewis being when he was at his worst.

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

it was a season long, dont know why, maybe spence and leeds just didnt fit

Didn't want to be part of the greatest championship team ever to fail to get promoted maybe 🤣

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

it was a season long, dont know why, maybe spence and leeds just didnt fit

He seems to have been playing left back a lot for them. Maybe as he’s out of position? Spurs seem to have an issue with central defenders based on them playing 4 full backs across the back recently so I can’t imagine it is so he can play for them. Might mean they do call Rodon back though!

It could add weight to the theory that Leeds come in for Thomas though!

15 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Presumably it was supposed to be a season long loan? Any idea why he’s gone back?

Been playing out of position and they seem to think they have an actual lb incoming (please buy luke thomas!)

1 minute ago, K789 said:

Been playing out of position and they seem to think they have an actual lb incoming (please buy luke thomas!)

Yeah I had noticed he was playing a lot at left back which seems a waste of his skill set based on his time at Forest.

Are you thinking Leeds instigated this then?

31 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Yeah I had noticed he was playing a lot at left back which seems a waste of his skill set based on his time at Forest.

Are you thinking Leeds instigated this then?

Yes leeds terminated the agreement 

3 hours ago, Simonb said:

Didn't want to be part of the greatest championship team ever to fail to get promoted maybe 🤣

Perfect prep to go on to be a member of the best Prem side never to win anything imo

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Probably late to the party, but just seen Jordan James is going to Atalanta. Birmingham selling their best player again. 

He was very good on Strictly and Dancing on Ice! 

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

He was very good on Strictly and Dancing on Ice! 

Wouldn't know, I'm normally busy when them shows are on. Usually bleaching my arse hole or shaving my ball bag with a rusty bic. 

• Haha 1