Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

19 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

it was a season long, dont know why, maybe spence and leeds just didnt fit

Fallen out with Farke, attitude stinks, which is why he’s never properly made it anywhere 

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

https://www.bcfc.com/news/all/tony-mowbray-appointed-blues-manager

Tony Mowbray new manager for Birmingham City , not a bad appointment.

Much more sensible, reminds me of KP when they first came in and removed Nigel for Sousa and the Sven, before realising you don’t need big names in this division. 
Mowbray is good enough to get them towards the play offs again, not this season but a good choice if allowed to build now for next season.

Being a manager must be the easiest gig in the world, Mowbray starts his 9th managerial club appointment & yet after being sacked from all the previous 8 clubs in his 21/22 yrs as a manager he has only been out of work for 1 season, unbelievable Jeff.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Being a manager must be the easiest gig in the world, Mowbray starts his 9th managerial club appointment & yet after being sacked from all the previous 8 clubs in his 21/22 yrs as a manager he has only been out of work for 1 season, unbelievable Jeff.

I mean 99% of managers have been sacked in previous posts...? 

20 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

of course but my point being the 'job' of being a football manager is cushy using Mowbray as a single example in that you can be sacked from 8 positions within a 21yr period for not producing the goods yet still only have a singe season out of work in that time.

+ be paid handsomely each time during & after sacking

Edited by BKLFox

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

He's an alright manager tbh. Had some stupid sackings. 

Sunderland were moronic to get rid, their fans are upset and they're pretty jealous of Brum who are made up. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

yes but his point is he has been sacked in his last 8 yet still gets a gig. a very good gig and very well paid at the same time! if only i could get sacked from 8 previous employers and still guarantee myself a job on silly money

5 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

yes but his point is he has been sacked in his last 8 yet still gets a gig. a very good gig and very well paid at the same time! if only i could get sacked from 8 previous employers and still guarantee myself a job on silly money

He's not even that good either. 

One promotion from the Championship 16 years ago, with a team he should have taken up the season before. 

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He's not even that good either. 

One promotion from the Championship 16 years ago, with a team he should have taken up the season before. 

who was that with? WBA?

8 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

I'm not sure where he got the 8 clubs figure from, he wasn't sacked from either Hibs or West Brom. There's an argument to be made that he simply just left Blackburn when his contract was up, too.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

of course but my point being the 'job' of being a football manager is cushy using Mowbray as a single example in that you can be sacked from 8 positions within a 21yr period for not producing the goods yet still only have a singe season out of work in that time.

+ be paid handsomely each time during & after sacking

19 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

'This manager has been sacked 8 times and keeps getting jobs' isn't much of a stick to beat someone with when that's the industry standard 

My point is, the vast majority of managers change clubs when/after they've been sacked by their previous club. Mutual termination, the end of a contract or being poached by other clubs is surely the minority? 

Heck, I just checked Ancelotti's managerial career - 11 club jobs:

• Reggiana - Poached
  • Parma - Sacked
  • Juventus - Sacked
  • AC Milan - Mutual termination 1 year early
  • Chelsea - Sacked
  • PSG - Resigned
  • Real Madrid - Sacked
  • Munich - Sacked
  • Napoli - Sacked
  • Everton - Poached
  • Real Madrid - current job

jeez seems my initial point has gone over posters heads, this was not a direct attack at Mowbray per se but that of the 'Managerial gig' & that they (managers) can & often be rewarded for being sacked :facepalm:

38 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

jeez seems my initial point has gone over posters heads, this was not a direct attack at Mowbray per se but that of the 'Managerial gig' & that they (managers) can & often be rewarded for being sacked :facepalm:

Sounds like we agree then and that it's the industry standard? The vast majority of managers (whether decent or not) come from a long line of previous sackings?