Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

I think its unfair to put Tony Mowbray into the same band as the 'destroy and exit' club of Steve Bruce, Allardyce, Pardew, etc. 

Mowbray generally left most clubs he was fired at with solid foundations to build on and only got sacked from most when the clubs in question felt that he couldn't take them any further forward.

Good manager. Solid appointment. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

He's an alright manager tbh. Had some stupid sackings. 

Sunderland were moronic to get rid, their fans are upset and they're pretty jealous of Brum who are made up. 

So Birmingham have a 12 point deficit to Sunderland right now… if he can get the ball rolling, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mowbray reels that in.

Not convinced by Beale at all.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

So Birmingham have a 12 point deficit to Sunderland right now… if he can get the ball rolling, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mowbray reels that in.

I agree !!!

I think he is a bit of a nut job to be honest. 

I would find it hilarious if Birmingham catch them.

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Looks like Leeds are going to lose Djed Spence as he is being used in a deal with Genoa and Spurs. 

He left Leeds last week!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Looks like Leeds are going to lose Djed Spence as he is being used in a deal with Genoa and Spurs. 

I remember earlier in the season when the Leeds fans were all over our board that one of them said Spence was the best full back in the Championship. Presumably based on his performances for Forest when last on loan here. I thought then it was probably underestimating the attributes of Ricardo and Justin who are proven at a level above. 

Spence is an interesting one. His career seems to meander around. Strangely loaned from Middlesbrough to Forest, then sold to Spurs but didn’t breakthrough, loaned back to the Championship with Leeds and now, seemingly, disappearing somewhere else. I wonder if there are some issues there? 

7 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I remember earlier in the season when the Leeds fans were all over our board that one of them said Spence was the best full back in the Championship. Presumably based on his performances for Forest when last on loan here. I thought then it was probably underestimating the attributes of Ricardo and Justin who are proven at a level above. 

Spence is an interesting one. His career seems to meander around. Strangely loaned from Middlesbrough to Forest, then sold to Spurs but didn’t breakthrough, loaned back to the Championship with Leeds and now, seemingly, disappearing somewhere else. I wonder if there are some issues there? 

Think he is quite out spoken and rumours he doesnt have the best attitude - see his comments re Neil Warnock. Maybe a move abroad will do him some good as he is clearly a good player (not to the standards of Justin or Ricardo though!) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Farke quotes on Spence

"Listen, in the summer we came here in order to create and to bring new values and to create a new culture within the club and when we speak about a player if he's on here on a permanent or a loan deal, we have expectations and these expectations are in several topics important.

"Obviously it's important, the potential and the quality of the player but also it's professionalism, it's discipline, it's workload on and off the pitch and also the soft skills, so also if he's positive and committed, good for the group and engaged with these topics, paint them more or less a picture.

"And we decided okay, this is the player we want in our group and want to represent Leeds United. Our demands are very, very high and we don't differ between loan players, permanent players so we are pretty picky in this topic."

"We came to the conclusion that we will end the loan for for Djed and he will return back to Tottenham. We are grateful for his time here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brucey said:

Farke quotes on Spence

"Listen, in the summer we came here in order to create and to bring new values and to create a new culture within the club and when we speak about a player if he's on here on a permanent or a loan deal, we have expectations and these expectations are in several topics important.

"Obviously it's important, the potential and the quality of the player but also it's professionalism, it's discipline, it's workload on and off the pitch and also the soft skills, so also if he's positive and committed, good for the group and engaged with these topics, paint them more or less a picture.

"And we decided okay, this is the player we want in our group and want to represent Leeds United. Our demands are very, very high and we don't differ between loan players, permanent players so we are pretty picky in this topic."

"We came to the conclusion that we will end the loan for for Djed and he will return back to Tottenham. We are grateful for his time here.

Warnock was always right. He didn’t question the players ability… i don’t think he was surprised for him to go on a good run. 

But overall, the guys character has shown through.

I really hope warnock is loading up a tweet with that picture spence used to mock him when he got promoted 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

George ‘Moby’ Elek talking absolute rubbish as usual on this weeks podcast. 

Latest from him is highlighting the ‘huge’ gulf between league one and the Championship. 

Explain Ipswich and Plymouth then ya div. 

• Like 1

On 09/01/2024 at 04:47, Jobyfox said:

He is a massive bellend

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

George ‘Moby’ Elek talking absolute rubbish as usual on this weeks podcast. 

Latest from him is highlighting the ‘huge’ gulf between league one and the Championship. 

Explain Ipswich and Plymouth then ya div. 

Also, Sheffield Wednesday have looked like a functional football team now they've got a decent manager in. I think they'll stay up actually. 

I see Ryan Fraser has said this week that Southampton are coming for us…..  Mind you, we do have  previous of p@$ing away healthy leads under the Dwarf.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I see Ryan Fraser has said this week that Southampton are coming for us…..  Mind you, we do have  previous of p@$ing away healthy leads under the Dwarf.

Southampton are in great form but, unfortunately for them, it’s been largely irrelevant to us so far. As you suggest the only real danger to us is our own form collapsing 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Anyone know when the December Month awards are for the Championship? You'd like to think we'd clean up the GOTM (Justin) and POTM (Mavididi). Although I fear for @Ric Flair as I'd imagine Brussel Martin will get the nod for MOTM.

Today. 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3852256/maresca--mavididi-nominated-for-december-awards

Edited by FoyleFox

On 08/01/2024 at 21:47, DJ Barry Hammond said:

He’s never been right since Cindy left.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Tottenham used to sing that to...

• Like 1

Leeds letting Luke Ayling go out on loan for the last 6mths of his contract & especially to Boro seems a weird 1. He always struck me as a Leeds through & through player, loves the club fans love him, always delivered for them, non stop running etc etc & was Captain for the majority of the games he played before being benched, you wonder if there were words spoken between him & Farke.
Ok he's 32 & did lose his place to young Archie Gray but then it was him or Spence & given the reports on Spence you'd think Ayling would be 1st choice backup & the fact they have wobbled recently you'd want that experience around the place a little like we are doing with Sharkey.

Just seems a strange 1

Edited by BKLFox