Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

On 23/07/2023 at 15:34, deep blue said:

This is the first proper project Pearson's been given since he left us.  After what he did for us I'd like to see him taste some more success.  Best of luck for the season.

And that is what other teams didn't realise. Our success was built on Pearson building blocks over the years. Bristol City was the project he needed and Pearson was the right man for them. They'll do well this season and a great match. 

It'll be good to give King and James a good reception when we play them. 

• Like 1

On 24/07/2023 at 13:57, Pliskin said:

I’m thinking we’re more likely to gift them a bunch of easy goals and they end up thrashing us….. Mads might only get one game before Coventry, which is insane. 

I'd imagine he's already had a decent pre season with Brondby, the Danish league kicked off last week

13 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Nige’s Bristol city handing out another walloping. 

Cov did too - 5-1 at MK Dons 

Can still see them being around 12th-15th, like with their previous few seasons.

Don't really see them as a club on the rise, but they seem to be sorting things out well behind the scenes.

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Can still see them being around 12th-15th, like with their previous few seasons.

Don't really see them as a club on the rise, but they seem to be sorting things out well behind the scenes.

Pretty much all of our fans are genuinely excited for this season. 

Mind you, most usually are at this point...

• Like 2

I've seen Blackburn and Preston play at Fleetwood in the last few days, both finished 0-0. On this evidence we don't have much to worry about. 

Preston match last night had 2 red cards and Scott Brown got a yellow lol In a friendly. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Wymsey said:

If Bristol City do well, it'll be a history making season. In 100+ years of football they have spent around 2 seasons in the top flight,.never won a trophy, never produced an England international nor even produced a famous player (Andy Cole on loan for a few games doesn't count as producing a famous player) 

I can't think of a.more depressing club to follow. 

• Like 2

Have lived in Bristol for 15 years so see Bristol City quite a bit. It’s embarrassing that a city this size hasn’t had a top flight club in so long.

Excited to see City back at Ashton Gate - had to sit in the home end for Lloyd Dyer’s last minute equaliser there in 2010. Might have to do the same this year. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Superjack said:

It was four seasons in the top flight in the Seventies. John Atyeo was one England international. We have never won a MAJOR trophy. And there's always Bristol Rovers for a start.

As for producing famous players, I would watch this space in the future.

Other than that, not much bollocks spouted there...

I bet you are one of those that thinks you're going to sign Alex Scott.

Not sure that all of that is the flex you think it is.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Superjack said:

It was four seasons in the top flight in the Seventies. John Atyeo was one England international. We have never won a MAJOR trophy. And there's always Bristol Rovers for a start.

As for producing famous players, I would watch this space in the future.

Other than that, not much bollocks spouted there...

I bet you are one of those that thinks you're going to sign Alex Scott.

She's retired mate

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

There's nothing in-between on here is there?? There's those who think we will piss the league and that every team is basically Oadby town, and those that think we are the worst team ever and will be lucky not to go down. I don't think either is true, and there can't be any judgement on pre season or the transfer window yet. At the end of August we will know a hell of a lot more, we will know who has left, what the squad looks like and what start we have made. 

There is no point being highly optimistic or pessimistic at this stage.

That's all a bit rational and balanced. I think you might be on the wrong forum....

FWIW - I absolutely agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

Are we really only playing two friendlies this pre-season - Northampton and Liverpool - with the Spurs match cancelled?

Played Peterborough, Northampton, Leuven and Port FC.

Liverpool left to play