Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

How come not one of the average clubs in this league could do us a favour ffs sunderland, cardiff, wednesday, blackburn etc. . This is a low standard league for sure. There are 6 or 7 reasonable teams but the rest are fodder

There were bound to be bumps along the road. This gives us a jolt. Hopefully nothing more. Last season should have taught us that you can never rely on other teams to help you out.

The onus is on us to avoid complacency and a repeat of the kind of stupidity that cost us three points today. This league is ours to win. But it is not going to be easy. We need to fight for every point and show what we are made of. Starting next week at home to our closest challengers…

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Like everyone else, I’m delighted with how results have gone, this season. We have huge positives to our football. We play with a clear system and huge control. We also have, arguably, better players than virtually all the opposing teams. But anyone telling me we play with passion or physical commitment sees games very differently to me. Beating teams that sit back is one thing. Beating those that really roll their sleeves up and give it a go is another. Cov showed what we can expect from Ipswich - and I remain low on confidence. 

You’re right, Ipswich will come at us, but hopefully we will manage to keep 11 players on the pitch and be more up for it. We weren’t great in the 1st half, but I do think Enzo would have reorganised the team at half time, but unfortunately, the sending off put paid to that!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Like everyone else, I’m delighted with how results have gone, this season. We have huge positives to our football. We play with a clear system and huge control. We also have, arguably, better players than virtually all the opposing teams. But anyone telling me we play with passion or physical commitment sees games very differently to me. Beating teams that sit back is one thing. Beating those that really roll their sleeves up and give it a go is another. Cov showed what we can expect from Ipswich - and I remain low on confidence. 

You say this like we haven’t already played ipswich and on another day would have won. This was their first win in 6 games . Also they had 5 yellows maybe it’s not passion it’s just being a bit dirty . Today was crap and I doubt there will be one or 2 more along the way but we have given ourselves a big gape for us to have the 1 or 2 more 

Only a few weeks ago Ipswich were top of the pile, a lot can change in this league.

we are far superior than any team in this league, you’d think judging by the reaction today that we’d never lose a game again!

Win on Monday & it’s another potential 10 point cushion on 2nd!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

guess last ditch tackles, running back for tackles etc doesnt count as commitment or passion,

we have beat teams who come and have a go, cov at home, sunderland at home, brum away....probably a few more i cant remember

we lose one games and the whole world is ready to implode, for me today if it was 11v11 in the second half it would have at least ended in a draw

and dont disrespect cov either, theyve got a very good team on form as well

Guest nathan.

Imagine if we bottle the top 2 after today.

Then Cov beat us in the playoffs.  

5 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

How come not one of the average clubs in this league could do us a favour ffs sunderland, cardiff, wednesday, blackburn etc. . This is a low standard league for sure. There are 6 or 7 reasonable teams but the rest are fodder

What favour do we need we’re absolutely pissing it lol 

• Like 2

Just an all round crap day that started well.

results didn’t go for us so we move on.

if we don’t see a massive reaction against Ipswich than I might start to get a little angry. Can’t get complacent 

• Like 1

I'm passively paying attention to the bottom of the league and every week I'm rooting for Rotherham to win so they can stay up but it looks very bleak unfortunately.

The championship is pretty crazy and will throw in some more strange results over the season no doubt. Southampton away to Swansea next weekend if they draw and we win on Monday then it goes back to being all good again not to worried after yesterday as I think if we have mavadidi and fatawu on for the second half we would have won even playing not 100% as we would have had more attacking wise than just going long to cannon

Southampton are in great form at home but still drawing regularly away and not always at strong teams. They still have to play us, Ipswich, Leeds and West Brom away. Ipswich with their first win in six.

We have set a relentless pace and don't need to panic. We didn't after previous defeats.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Corky said:

Southampton are in great form at home but still drawing regularly away and not always at strong teams. They still have to play us, Ipswich, Leeds and West Brom away. Ipswich with their first win in six.

We have set a relentless pace and don't need to panic. We didn't after previous defeats.

theyve got birmingham away too, think Mowbray will have them performing better by then too

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Since the start of Southampton run they have made up 1 point in 19 games.

People are panicking.