Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

16 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

How come not one of the average clubs in this league could do us a favour ffs sunderland, cardiff, wednesday, blackburn etc. . This is a low standard league for sure. There are 6 or 7 reasonable teams but the rest are fodder

The lead we have over everyone else and other clubs points tallies suggest plenty of favours have been given.  

• Like 2

so we lose to Coventry and the merchants of doom come echoing out.

look at yesterday game in context, down to 10 men for all the second half, usually when we push on in games

still 10 points clear or 3rd, 

the over reaction to one loss on here is laughable, fully expect the lads wanting to put it right next Monday

• Like 2

That was our first loss since early November. I think the fact it was Coventry has definitely made it 10x worse which is understandable. I’m not trying to preach because I’m massively guilty of being overly emotional and reactionary but we’re still in a fantastic position. 

We were probably due a complete car crash result in all honesty. We will go on a great run again now. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bert said:

I don’t understand why people are panicking so much? We’ve lost our first game in 10 after playing 50 minutes with 10 men against a team in their biggest match of the last two decades. 

We’re fully on track still. Go on a nice little run next and we’ll forget little old Coventry again for another 10 years

Enzo is actually a genius, it’s Jan and he wants signings so get one of your attacking players sent off and out of action for 3 games, combine with AFCON add other teams winning and he’ll walk up to Top and ask for £20m and get it!

Referee just got in the way in the QPR v Watford game and pulled play back, it reminded me, ref got in the way yesterday when a pass was played to one of our players leading to Cov gaining possession but he never stopped the game and pulled play back?

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Referee just got in the way in the QPR v Watford game and pulled play back, it reminded me, ref got in the way yesterday when a pass was played to one of our players leading to Cov gaining possession but he never stopped the game and pulled play back?

Yes, it was Casadei blocked off by the ref and Cov went upfield to threaten from that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I don’t understand why people are panicking so much? We’ve lost our first game in 10 after playing 50 minutes with 10 men against a team in their biggest match of the last two decades. 

It's because people lack critical thinking Bert. Would've thought you especially would be use to the over-reaction brigade on this forum lol

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I havent seen too many "panicking"... but....Because for me, we were subpar in the preceding 40 minutes and were poorly managed in the remaining 50.

41 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

this QPR Watford game has been pretty entertaining tbf

bet it will be better than the Utd Spurs one later

2nd half was .

First very flat which is normal for us !

Got the win today thanks to the contribution of 2 of our more experienced players.

Excellent goals by Livermore and save by Hamer

Edited by Super_horns

2 hours ago, Bert said:

It’s been utter madness….. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Not seen today's incident, but the ref would only normally stop the game if the ball actually hits him, which it didn't yesterday. One decision he managed to get right. 

Edited by F T Fagos
Wrong quote