Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Keep your knickers on.

The point isn't that the good teams in this division are so great.

It's that a solid half of the teams are absolute trash.

• Like 1

some on here need to remember as well Swansea got hammered by them a month back too

also look through some of the results theyve got during this run, dont get me wrong its a good run but some of the teams theyve played they on paper should have won

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

Keep your knickers on.

The point isn't that the good teams in this division are so great.

It's that a solid half of the teams are absolute trash.

Exactly, if we beat the teams that we have been doing then it doesn’t matter what anyone else does. We only need to win half of our games to go up. 

• Like 1

I'm not quite at the point of worrying but it is a bit annoying how few clear we actually are given our ridiculously high points tally. Whoever comes 3rd this season will be gutted.

• Like 1

Southampton playing well but Swansea are horrific. 

This is such a poor league this year, you can see why us, Ipswich and Saints are picking up such high points in comparison to top teams from other seasons (and why the promoted sides in PL are struggling).

Fancy Saints for automatic but they'd be my first choice for 20th place next year 

Just now, jonny_wright said:

Requires us to match or better Southamptons results, on current form with injuries you’d say that would be a challenge 

On current form Southampton finish nowhere near us, don’t forget despite our loss last week our form has been just as good as theirs over the last 19 games and we have a 10 point lead over them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

people forget that also, not to mention the fact during this run theyve dropped a number of points from winning positions too

some just need to take a step back and see the whole picture

We’ve lost 2 midfield players since then, hopefully Sensi can fill the void

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

On current form Southampton finish nowhere near us, don’t forget despite our loss last week our form has been just as good as theirs over the last 19 games and we have a 10 point lead over them.

7 once this games finishes. The point being, with a 7 point gap, it’s one or two more bad results from us whilst they are still in this form of their own and it’s within a game or so of points and all to play for.

That said, when we lost back to back in November, our lead of Leeds went from 14 points to 8 in those two game weeks and was then rebuilt so can go either way!

• Like 1

Just now, jonny_wright said:

We don't know if KDH is injured or not though. Maresca literally said he hasn't been in training until Thursday. 

If KDH has a muscle problem he would have exactly said that. 

1 minute ago, jonny_wright said:

its not like we dont have the talent to replace them, id be more worried if we had Danny Ward in goal more than anything

Praet will come in and im sure he'll put a shift in, Yunus can do a job in there too

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Everton and the Trees broke FFP???

If that was the OPs reasoning for suggesting us and Southampton shouldn’t be in this league, they are forgetting Leeds finished ahead of Southampton.

More likely they meant both sides are just too good?

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

7 once this games finishes. The point being, with a 7 point gap, it’s one or two more bad results from us whilst they are still in this form of their own and it’s within a game or so of points and all to play for.

That said, when we lost back to back in November, our lead of Leeds went from 14 points to 8 in those two game weeks and was then rebuilt so can go either way!

We can't control what happens until Monday night so I'd hold my powder dry before firing that just yet. 

We can afford to drop points and still achieve promotion anyway. I'm not interested in anything else but promotion at this point 1st or 2nd

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Southampton will have some dodgy results between now and the end of the season, theyve still got to go to Leeds, Ipswich and the KP; be right, i think Ipswich need to worry about Southampton more than us at this time

2 minutes ago, Foxysausages said:

We don't know if KDH is injured or not though. Maresca literally said he hasn't been in training until Thursday. 

If KDH has a muscle problem he would have exactly said that. 

KDH will more than likely play Monday, suspect his need was inflamed after the challenge on Saturday

guessing it was more of a step to give it rest etc

1 minute ago, Foxysausages said:

We can't control what happens until Monday night so I'd hold my powder dry before firing that just yet. 

We can afford to drop points and still achieve promotion anyway. I'm not interested in anything else but promotion at this point 1st or 2nd

I agree with your second point about getting second and promotion secured first.

As for the other point, points in the bag over games in hand!