Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

53 minutes ago, VictorFox said:

It’s more to do with the fact we’ve got a tough run of fixtures coming up against some good teams and teams performing well under new managers 

Ipswich have 1 win in 6 in the league, 2 draws against us and QPR that they relied on very dubious no penalty calls to get (the foul on KDH second half and the hand ball in stoppage time v QPR)

Swansea we're seeing today are not that good

Stoke are right down in the bottom half

Watford are inconsistent at best.

Where is the tough run of fixtures compared to the rest of the season?

• Like 2

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

Southampton will have some dodgy results between now and the end of the season, theyve still got to go to Leeds, Ipswich and the KP; be right, i think Ipswich need to worry about Southampton more than us at this time

KDH will more than likely play Monday, suspect his need was inflamed after the challenge on Saturday

guessing it was more of a step to give it rest etc

Agreed on the KDH thing, I think he'll be on the bench then come on in the second half and I believe it's Yunus' preferred spot in the number 8 role. He performed really well for Gala and Adama in that position 

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

Southampton will have some dodgy results between now and the end of the season, theyve still got to go to Leeds, Ipswich and the KP; be right, i think Ipswich need to worry about Southampton more than us at this time

Of course. This is why my wording of whilst they are in this form. We just don’t need a situation where we have a sticky run now whilst they are on fire meaning they catch us. Yes, even in that event, the likelihood is that they would be due a few dropped points of their own whilst we’d likely be due a good run again. All hypothetical.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

7 once this games finishes. The point being, with a 7 point gap, it’s one or two more bad results from us whilst they are still in this form of their own and it’s within a game or so of points and all to play for.

That said, when we lost back to back in November, our lead of Leeds went from 14 points to 8 in those two game weeks and was then rebuilt so can go either way!

7 points when this game is finished, which could be 10 by the time we’ve played our game.

Which then if we have two bad results they could then be within another result of being above us. 
At the start of this round of fixtures they need us to lose 4 games, then they also need to win every game.

We’ve lost only 4 games in our first 27! Relax there is nothing to suggest we will lose another 4 in the last 19 and if we do they need to 100%

• Like 2

They've come under a bit of pressure second half and a little lucky to not be 2-3. Would make for a tense ending.

Not the worst result anyway ahead of Monday. It heaps tons of pressure on Ipswich.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Requires us to match or better Southamptons results, on current form with injuries you’d say that would be a challenge 

Well until today they had took 1 more point then us since their unbeaten run started.

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

7 points when this game is finished, which could be 10 by the time we’ve played our game.

Which then if we have two bad results they could then be within another result of being above us. 
At the start of this round of fixtures they need us to lose 4 games, then they also need to win every game.

We’ve lost only 4 games in our first 27! Relax there is nothing to suggest we will lose another 4 in the last 19 and if we do they need to 100%

Hence the second part of my comment with the balance applied! Basically my point being, those saying we have nothing to worry about are wrong. As are those saying it’s all doom and we will be overtaken by Southampton and Ipswich etc. As always, the reality is somewhere between!

And when you say lose 4 in 19, it does sound too realistic no. But take 7 points, a defeat and a couple of draws and there it is.

We just seem to have a lot saying ah just rock up and win 10 more games. A, it doesn’t work like that and B, it may need near on 100 points to go up this year based on the form of ourselves, Ipswich and now Southampton. 

• Thanks 1

Southampton play very similar to ourselves.

Look great when they are in possession but invite a lot of pressure when trying to play out from the back with suicide balls.

Not sure how Swansea haven't scored again.

Well said LCFCJohn. I’ve enjoyed the feeling of being top of the table for this long and really don’t want it to turn into a neck & neck race and all the stress that comes with it. I’ve just about recovered from the false hope & trauma of last season!

I know we are still points ahead but the gap does narrow by the time we play on Monday. I hope our players rise to the challenge and go on another winning run.

the reality is I’m worried about how depleted we look in comparison to how we looked with our A team fully fit.the next few weeks are crucial. We need everyone fit, not suspended or injured or at afcon & Sensi in. than we go again. Still confident we will be ok in the end but keeping one eye open - this season’s not over yet!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

If that was the OPs reasoning for suggesting us and Southampton shouldn’t be in this league, they are forgetting Leeds finished ahead of Southampton.

More likely they meant both sides are just too good?

The facts are we are where we are. Must beat Ipswich now as Southampton are looking very tasty.   Need this new signing in asap.

50 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I can still see a Rodgers style bottle job from Southampton. Martin just has that about him. Can’t stand him. 

Just hope we don’t bottle it🫣

15 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Tony Mowbray having an impact at Birmingham they will pick up now. Probably too soon for them to make the playoffs but next season probably certs for it.

Na, if they get too close to making the playoffs they’ll bin him off. It’s what they do!