Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Quick table with our upcoming fixtures highlighted as home/away. A big chunk of mid-table away fixtures there, but its all quite tightly packed so they all still have a chance of a playoff place as it stands.

On track for four(!!) teams finishing above 90 points if they maintain season-to-date form, which is mental. And by the same token, we've theoretically done enough to already secure a playoff place.

image.thumb.png.bfbbcd72b83609539853badee5aa991a.png

And as an added extra, the points and minimum form required for us to hit various milestones:

image.png.058cbf591866c550b67105467a2a2233.png

• Like 3

This league is so poor that i genuinely think it’s possible for leeds, southampton or oursleves to win every game left… and it will likely come down to our games against each other and which of us have bad days against others. 

Ordinarily i’d follow the stats, but I think the gap in quality isn’t usually this large. One poor spell from us and we could be caught. 

Do i think it will happen? No. But do i think it could happen… yes of course. 

We wouldn’t love football if it was as predictable as some people on here make it sound 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

This league is so poor that i genuinely think it’s possible for leeds, southampton or oursleves to win every game left… and it will likely come down to our games against each other and which of us have bad days against others. 

Ordinarily i’d follow the stats, but I think the gap in quality isn’t usually this large. One poor spell from us and we could be caught. 

We wouldn’t love football if it was as predictable as some people on here make it sound 

Leeds play Southampton last game. Southampton have also got to go to Ipswich and WBA. They're 20 games unbeaten (or whatever it is) but that includes a run of some of the "easier" games. I don't think Southampton will catch us.

• Like 2

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Why oh why, is this league poor.. Tell us all of the good old days where there were season of Roses. Which comparisons can you put forward, which show the league & teams are poorer today over any longer period in the past.. 

Because dishing out poor or brilliant, need comparisons... 

13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Why oh why, is this league poor.. Tell us all of the good old days where there were season of Roses. Which comparisons can you put forward, which show the league & teams are poorer today over any longer period in the past.. 

Because dishing out poor or brilliant, need comparisons... 

Well  in fairness it’s not that the league is poorer, it’s more that the 3 coming down have so much stronger squads than is usually the case. 

But the gap is larger than ever, which is what i mean by poorer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Well  in fairness it’s not that the league is poorer, it’s more that the 3 coming down have so much stronger squads than is usually the case. 

But the gap is larger than ever, which is what i mean by poorer. 

Fair dues.. :)

5 hours ago, Xen said:

Quick table with our upcoming fixtures highlighted as home/away. A big chunk of mid-table away fixtures there, but its all quite tightly packed so they all still have a chance of a playoff place as it stands.

On track for four(!!) teams finishing above 90 points if they maintain season-to-date form, which is mental. And by the same token, we've theoretically done enough to already secure a playoff place.

image.thumb.png.bfbbcd72b83609539853badee5aa991a.png

And as an added extra, the points and minimum form required for us to hit various milestones:

image.png.058cbf591866c550b67105467a2a2233.png

The fact we could only win 7 out of 17 games and get to 90 points is crazy.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Nope, if we win every game left but lose to Southampton and Leeds, we still win the league. 

20 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Nope, if we win every game left but lose to Southampton and Leeds, we still win the league. 

I think it’s possible to achieve it, not that I think anyone will do it :thumbup:

My point is largely that we shouldnt count our chickens just yet. 

Edited by Lambert09

23 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Those crying about Enzo, would you rather be watching this?

The standard on show here is absolutely pathetic.

Bristol City's owners haven't been cheap ...  but nor have they been wise.  And so they are stuck in this damned league as Bournemouth's (!) feeder club.

And if we didn't get back up in a year or three, that's us also.  Feeder club to the likes of Bournemouth.  The economics just are not flexible anymore.

That's why it does my head in when people say they like it better in the Champ and would prefer we not get promoted.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Feel like Ipswich are constantly signing strikers. Keiffer Moore on loan. 

Their only striker they had with Hurst being out is Kayden Jackson (played against us a week ago) - a bit lightweight and shit and more of a wide forward than line leader. They've signed Moore to replace Hurst as a more physical presence up front. The other bloke they signed is from league 2 and one for the future.

58 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

isn't he about 40?

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Reckon he'll do decent in this league to be fair. 

Didn't realise he's already been at Ipswich a few years ago.

Edited by LCFC-92

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

45 minutes ago, LCFC-92 said:

Reckon he'll do decent in this league to be fair. 

Didn't realise he's already been at Ipswich a few years ago.

He's exactly what they've been missing without Hirst. Think he'll help them click again. Give Southampton a good run for their money, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Bristol are half decent, expect them to give leeds a good game tonight 

Bit unfair they played Tuesday and Leeds didn't 

Edited by Tuna

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Bit unfair they played Tuesday and Leeds didn't 

Also, every time ive seen Bristol play i thought they were naff. I think it will be pretty routine for Leeds tonight.