Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Just now, Koke said:

We all laughed at Russell Martin few months ago. We're not laughing now.

We didn’t “all” laugh.

I always thought that Southampton had the squad for a promotion push, but there are always some who want to define a season after half a dozen games 

44 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

I know they had their poor spell at the start but surely Southampton have to have a poor game or two soon? 

It will come. Their tough games are yet to come. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

If we assume Saints win their game in hand, we're 8 ahead. 

Assuming Ipswich win, we are still ten over third.

Assuming the teams below us win every game they play from now on, we need to win 13 of our remaining 16 to go up automatically.

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Like who?

Away at us, West Brom, Leeds & Ipswich. Tricky games at home against Hull, Coventry & Sunderland. 

1 hour ago, Noahfence said:

I know they had their poor spell at the start but surely Southampton have to have a poor game or two soon? 

They had a poor game v Plymouth at Christmas but still won

Form table last 12 games so despite Southamptons absolutely unbelievable run in the last 12 games they have gained 1 point on us.

I think Southampton will finish in the top 2.

If we can .manage to beat Leeds and Southampton I can't see anyone catching us.

Screenshot_20240203_221726_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If we assume Saints win their game in hand, we're 8 ahead. 

Best not to make any assumptions, we’ve got the points on the board, every passing week the pressure increases slightly on those who would like to catch us.

• Like 2

Our record against bottom half teams is P19 W18 D1 and that was a 94th minute howler. In the majority of those games it’s not even been close. So if we maintain that form you would assume we’d pick up enough points in other games to win the league comfortably. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lionator said:

Our record against bottom half teams is P19 W18 D1 and that was a 94th minute howler. In the majority of those games it’s not even been close. So if we maintain that form you would assume we’d pick up enough points in other games to win the league comfortably. 

The position we’re in now, it doesn’t even matter the games against Southampton and Leeds. We’ve got 8 games remaining against bottom half teams, win those games and we’re on 96 points, with another 8 games to play.

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Heard from a lot of Cov fans about being bitter on refereeing decisions in our game against them and that Robins never has a pop at anyone. 

It’s as clear as a red card you could see 

You could say the same for fatawu red that he can’t wait to get the card out

12 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The position we’re in now, it doesn’t even matter the games against Southampton and Leeds. We’ve got 8 games remaining against bottom half teams, win those games and we’re on 96 points, with another 8 games to play.

Am I not understanding  your point? 

If Southampton  win their game in hand and we lost to both Leeds and Southampton that could narrow the gap to ,2 points and 6 points. That would be squeaky bum time  going into the final games

43 minutes ago, Motty said:

Form table last 12 games so despite Southamptons absolutely unbelievable run in the last 12 games they have gained 1 point on us.

I think Southampton will finish in the top 2.

If we can .manage to beat Leeds and Southampton I can't see anyone catching us.

Screenshot_20240203_221726_Samsung Internet.jpg

A good, positive post. And I hope your garage refit is going well. 

2 minutes ago, oz was my hero said:

Am I not understanding  your point? 

If Southampton  win their game in hand and we lost to both Leeds and Southampton that could narrow the gap to ,2 points and 6 points. That would be squeaky bum time  going into the final games

No chance everyone wins their remaining games.