Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, oz was my hero said:

Am I not understanding  your point? 

If Southampton  win their game in hand and we lost to both Leeds and Southampton that could narrow the gap to ,2 points and 6 points. That would be squeaky bum time  going into the final games

If we are on 96 points with 8 other games, I would be fairly certain we’d be going up. If we lose games to both Southampton and Leeds - but win all the rest, then we are champions. 

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

If we are on 96 points with 8 other games, I would be fairly certain we’d be going up. If we lose games to both Southampton and Leeds - but win all the rest, then we are champions. 

OK,  see what your saying.  Would love us to beat those 2 and put it to bed . Really want 1st place after the season we've had so far.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

They had a poor game v Plymouth at Christmas but still won

thanks to a shocking decision from a linesman

dont get me wrong, its a very good run, but theyve a pretty tricky run in compared to others around them, with them going Leeds on the final day

I think Ipswich are probably toast in the race for 2nd, but we'll know more or less for sure after the next 3-4 fixtures.

We win, Leeds and Southampton a titanic battle for second, maybe going down to the final day.  Looks pretty cut and dry, really.

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think Ipswich are probably toast in the race for 2nd, but we'll know more or less for sure after the next 3-4 fixtures.

We win, Leeds and Southampton a titanic battle for second, maybe going down to the final day.  Looks pretty cut and dry, really.

I think Ipswich have blown it now.  Leeds players making noises that they are coming for us, so that Enzo’s Team Talk sorted.  

This far from over.  Need Southampton to trip up soon.  Keep if up Foxes and ignore the noise.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 1972 Fox said:

Reminds me of the Bob Monkhouse joke 🤣:

“They all laughed at me when I said I wanted to be a comedian. Well, they’re not laughing now!”

Season's not over yet...

• Haha 1

Just looking at the fixtures of the top 3. 

Two games between 16/17 Feb and 20/23 Feb could actually be massive deciders (provided the 3 continue their great form until then)

Leicester v Boro - 16 Feb 

WBA v Saints - 17 Feb

Saints v Hull - 20 Feb (their game in hand)

Leeds v Leicester - 23rd Feb. 

Could be a massive 2 games for all three teams. 

Provided we win our next two, which are not easy a win against Boro and draw against Leeds could be massive for us provided Saints draw or lose one of their two. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes

7 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

It certainly won't be enough this season. Leeds and Southampton will both get 90+ points, Ipswich probably will too. 

I think it’s likely we’ll get 100+ and then both Leeds and Southampton will reach 90-95.

I’ll be surprised if Ipswich reach 90 now. 8pts in 8 games for them and that was with a lot of luck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I think Ipswich have blown it now.  Leeds players making noises that they are coming for us, so that Enzo’s Team Talk sorted.  

This far from over.  Need Southampton to trip up soon.  Keep if up Foxes and ignore the noise.

Seriously where have the Leeds lot said this😂😂😂

Whilst I think we are going well and playing some great football, the next 4 games could be interesting… in the reverse fixtures we only picked up 4 points from these games - and three of them were at home to Watford. 
After that, we play Sheff Wed, Middlesbrough and Leeds who we picked up a combined 1 point earlier in the season.

If, we can safely navigate the games before we play Bournemouth in the cup and pick up 9 points+ then we are in an incredibly strong position moving into the final quarter of the season. 
Worth also noting, the last 12 games of our season, we took 33 points from the reverse fixtures.

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 1

I think 3rd place could be around 95/96 points which is absolutely wild.

Maybe it won't be quite that high but I see Southampton and Leeds being very close on points and the final game decides it. Think Ipswich will just fall short around 88-90.

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Everyone mark your calendars for the Brum match at home that’s the day we seal promotion imo.

This is a…brave shout!

I reckon is could go a bit later than this (hope to be wrong of course). It looks like Leeds are now picking up some more consistent momentum and seeing out some narrow games 1-0 which has been where they have struggled. Southampton obviously on a role too. I think we will now see the top 3 break away from Ipswich but also probably a record points haul for 3rd place. If we can be 16 points ahead of 3rd with 5 games to go after Birmingham this will be a phenomenal achievement!

9 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

It certainly won't be enough this season. Leeds and Southampton will both get 90+ points, Ipswich probably will too. 

I don't think Ipswich will. Leeds could to be fair, but low 90s. We're very close.

Let's assume Ipswich and Soton win their games in hand. Third spot would be Ipswich on 62 points with everyone having played 30 games. 

From the remaining 16 games if Ipswich and Soton win 15 and draw versus each other, third spot would be 108 points and therefore we need 36 points from the remaining 48 available to guarantee automatic promotion. 

Realistically both sides will drop points and I can see both sides winning a maximum of maybe 12 games so third spot would be no more than 98 points (at a stretch). 

We would need 9 wins out of the remaining 16 without mentioning how this equation changes if one of those sides we beat are Soton. 

1 minute ago, Noahfence said:

Any other season we’d probably only be about 5/6 wins from promotion. As that would take us to 87/90. This season is crazy. 

I read somewhere on twitter than the number of points we have now, was enough for a play off spot after 46 games last season.

The quality in the top 4 has been astonishing.

But is also worrying for the EFL. The 3 clubs have basically dominated the league. Really shows the power of prem money and how that needs to be managed and drop fed down more 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Ipswich have probably the easiest run in and seem to have made a shrewd signing in Kieffer Moore, they are still in with a shout for 2nd for now, we obviously just have to keep on winning.