Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Man good job that didn’t go in from Thomas 

Yeah thought oh no he's gonna score an og...but he didn't

Edited by Tuna

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

About to watch Sunderland v Middlesbrough game, these are two massive clubs at this level, and here we are in early Feb and I don’t see any way even of them can get anywhere near us this season. 
Hoping for a decent game, but got 1-1 written all over it.

Boro are hardly a massive club at this level imo 

I’d argue they’re basically your standard yo-yo team

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What you are seeing is the consequence of 2 possibly 3 teams that under achieved last season to get relegated. Very rare do all 3 teams that came up the year before or even the ones that came up the year before that not be in the relegation spots.

It's been a very strong season for us all and Ipswich.

Absolutely. In contrast when you look at the bottom 6 of the PL, the three who went up are significantly poorer than promoted teams of previous seasons which suggests a drop in championship standard.  Everton, Notts Forest and Brentford would all not look out of place swapping places any of the 3 of us. 

Great for the championship to see what will be an incredibly interesting and exhilarating race (hopefully we make it very boring and just go straight up, early) but in turn, Marsch, Rodgers and the fella at Saints who was a disaster but told everyone he was as good as Pep (I forget his name) should never manage anywhere near the elite level of English football again. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Absolutely. In contrast when you look at the bottom 6 of the PL, the three who went up are significantly poorer than promoted teams of previous seasons which suggests a drop in championship standard.  Everton, Notts Forest and Brentford would all not look out of place swapping places any of the 3 of us. 

Great for the championship to see what will be an incredibly interesting and exhilarating race (hopefully we make it very boring and just go straight up, early) but in turn, Marsch, Rodgers and the fella at Saints who was a disaster but told everyone he was as good as Pep (I forget his name) should never manage anywhere near the elite level of English football again. 

Forest, Wolves, Everton and Bournemouth were all worse than the sides that went down last season 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Seriously where have the Leeds lot said this😂😂😂

Check out Yorkshire Posr. I defo saw it some where. Something along the lines of when we play them there they will cut our difference. I am not making it up!!!

People that say the championship is weak and we aren't that good, I've witnessed 2 of the top 3 play each other in Prem, and wasn't that impressed. The gap isn't huge between mid table prem and us. The only difference is those top 3 can churn out 8-10 wins on the spin. Other than that any team cab beat any other on any given day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I read somewhere on twitter than the number of points we have now, was enough for a play off spot after 46 games last season.

The quality in the top 4 has been astonishing.

But is also worrying for the EFL. The 3 clubs have basically dominated the league. Really shows the power of prem money and how that needs to be managed and drop fed down more 

It’s enough points for the last ten seasons on average! 

4 more wins is about the last ten season average for promotion. 

I am struggling to think when three clubs of this size have come down at the same time. That’s the key difference 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Looks up the team he supports….Coventry. These ****ers lost yesterday and I’ve seen some many comments which are pot kettle black from our result 

Never known mental gymnastics like it.

Just read a stat that says Ipswich have only won 1 game in the last 8 championship games. Has the Tractor ran out of steam? It’s a shame really as everyone likes a fairytale. ( or at least a team that stops Leeds getting promoted!)

• Like 1

Ipswich have run out of steam and their lack of squad depth is now telling. It’s a shame as they did so well for so long.

as much as they would struggle like hell I’d prefer them than the annoying Leeds lot.

i never cared for them much but now I really would love it if we smashed them at elland rd shutting their big gobs for good.

saints are a threat too but they are just quietly minding their own business like us.

Leeds have a little spursynesd about them.

• Like 1