Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

I can say without hesitation or doubt the current team would be nowhere near promotion. The club are asleep engaging in vanity projects, will they wake up in time? I doubt it. 

We need at least 2/3 more creative players as we have absolutely no creativity, we still look to have no option for a plan b either. 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

At this stage, I don't think we can be serious promotion contenders. It's lazy assumptions because we were a PL team and have raised £80m in transfer fees. Our squad is all over the gaff right now and Maresca is a huge unknown. 

More stable and stronger teams than us currently.

I'm with you on this one. On paper we have a good squad, it'll be how quickly Enzo can transfer his ideas and how they take to him, which we have a full picture of that.

Problem is, we need to hit the ground running and this preseason worries me. Look how well Bristol City have done. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I'm with you on this one. On paper we have a good squad, it'll be how quickly Enzo can transfer his ideas and how they take to him, which we have a full picture of that.

Problem is, we need to hit the ground running and this preseason worries me. Look how well Bristol City have done. 

You do know you're comparing the Student with the Master. Pearson is so good at what he does.

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

You do know you're comparing the Student with the Master. Pearson is so good at what he does.

Fully aware! It's more that they have had local friendlies and went of a preseason camp (ironically, same place in Austria we went to in the Pearson era). I just hope it doesn't bite is on the bum....hard

• Like 1

I think we'll win the league, we'll not be the finished article until the end of the transfer window and we'll have some dodgy results along the way - look at Burnley's early results last season and you'll see draws with Wigan etc.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/marktwerte/wettbewerb/GB2/plus//galerie/0?pos=Torwart&detailpos=&altersklasse=alle

Interesting if you look at squad values.

Goalkeepers:

We have three of the top ten goalkeepers on the league.

4th - Ward

6th - Iversen

7th - Harmensen
36th - Smithies

All are capable of playing at this level. We can afford to lose two of them.

Defenders:

We have four of the top ten defenders in the league. 

1st - Castagne 

5th - Faes

6th - Justin

10th - Souttar

14th - Coady

15th - Kristensen

17th - Thomas

20th - Ricardo

21st - Doyle

42nd - Vestergaard

Midfielders:

We have three of the top ten Midfielders in the league. 

3rd - Ndidi 

4th - Dewsbury Hall

5th - Soumare

11th - Winks

17th - Praet

24th - Choudhury

Forwards:

We only have one of the top ten forwards in the league.

5th - Iheanacho

7th - Daka

59th - Vardy

What this analysis has shown me as that a value of a player, means absolutely nothing, albeit, we do still have assets that are worth a lot. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/marktwerte/wettbewerb/GB2/plus//galerie/0?pos=Torwart&detailpos=&altersklasse=alle

Goalkeepers:

4th - Ward

6th - Iversen

7th - Harmensen
36th - Smithies

Defenders:

1st - Castagne 

5th - Faes

6th - Justin

10th - Souttar

14th - Coady

15th - Kristensen

17th - Thomas

20th - Ricardo

21st - Doyle

42nd - Vestergaard

Midfielders:

3rd - Ndidi 

4th - Dewsbury Hall

5th - Soumare

11th - Winks

17th - Praet

24th - Choudhury

Forwards:

5th - Iheanacho

7th - Daka

59th - Vardy

What this analysis has shown me as that a value of a player, means absolutely nothing, albeit, we do still have assets that are worth a lot. 

Also shows far too much free time. Worried for @Sly

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Goalkeepers:

4th - Ward

6th - Iversen

7th - Harmensen
36th - Smithies

Defenders:

1st - Castagne 

5th - Faes

6th - Justin

10th - Souttar

14th - Coady

15th - Kristensen

17th - Thomas

20th - Ricardo

21st - Doyle

42nd - Vestergaard

Midfielders:

3rd - Ndidi 

4th - Dewsbury Hall

5th - Soumare

11th - Winks

17th - Praet

24th - Choudhury

Forwards:

5th - Iheanacho

7th - Daka

59th - Vardy

Winks and Ricardo’s evaluations are awful.

36 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Quite liked the Championship post-match review highlights with Colin Murray on Quest, which was on for a few seasons.

Hope ITV make it good.

Been cut to just an hour and a half this season with no pundits and just more action from games .

https://fanbanter.co.uk/itv-make-big-changes-with-pundits-axed-for-new-look-efl-highlights-show-ahead-of-2023-24/

• Like 1

I'd been skeptical of Ndid's transfer market value for years. He was €60m a year ago and is now at €25m. Seesh 60% down. Suppose that's closer to reality.

Ward though. Worth the same as last preseason and even jumped a bit last fall. You can't sell something without finding a buyer.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Is anyone looking forward to this new season? 

I was initially to get football back, but I'm now not as fussed the nearer we're getting 

Buzzing to have it back :D

Usually enjoy the break from the relentless weeks of footie by May but now looking forward to having plenty of footie to watch. Hoping Coalville and Leicester can have good seasons and get promotion!