Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

20 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

But even if, say, we get 2 wins and a draw from  hull, qpr, sunderland and lose to  southampton and leeds, that's still 1.4 points per game - which amount, even if it was the standard for the entire rest of the season, would still get us to 94 points.

In fact even if we take zero points from those five games - to get the 23 points needed to get us to 95 from the other 11 games is still only a fraction over 2 points per game.

I'm doubtful that 94/95 will be enough at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be very nervous if we got anything less than 98 points.

Can you honestly see us slipping to 1.6 points a game? 

Which would still need Leeds taking 2.37 per game and Southampton 2.17 per game with a tough set of fixtures.

Honestly think 98 promotes us and probably wins the league.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Which would still need Leeds taking 2.37 per game and Southampton 2.17 per game with a tough set of fixtures.

No I can't, but if we did then it would get a bit tight I think. Just got to stay focused and not let up a single inch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I got 99 points for promotion and 102 to win the league

We need to avoid defeat v Southampton and Leeds

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be very nervous if we got anything less than 98 points.

I believe your right…Since the beginning of the seasons first indentation of games,reading through other teams various hype.( Leicester had none)

I thought this season would bring 3-4 teams tipping over the 100 mark.

Even saying that 106pts might not win one the title..Though now I take

another view..

If by our last 5-8 games promotion would be secured..then a different scenario might see us drop points while putting out younger teams..

But if these 4 teams are pushing each other it goes to the wire for the other 3,

then!!

Again still supporting this idea..

Leicester…..111pts

Ipswich……..103pts

Soton…………102pts

Leeds………….99pts

I’m happy to come back on here and be corrected in 3 months but there’s absolutely no way Leeds or Ipswich get 98 points. 

Leeds would need 38 points from 48 and Ipswich 39 from 51. 

Absolutely massive if we can avoid defeat at Leeds. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I believe your right…Since the beginning of the seasons first indentation of games,reading through other teams various hype.( Leicester had none)

Even saying that 106pts might not win one the title..Though now I take

another view..

If by our last 5-8 games promotion would be secured..then a different scenario might see us drop points while putting out younger teams..

But if these 4 teams are pushing each other it goes to the wire for the other 3,

then!!

Again still supporting this idea..

Leicester…..111pts

Ipswich……..103pts

Soton…………102pts

Leeds………….99pts

There’s no way on God’s green Earth Ipswich are getting 103 points.

• Like 4

The more I look at it, and take into consideration the pressure at the end of the season, teams fighting for their lives at the bottom, or trying to get the last playoff spots, as well as end of season tiredness coming in, all the teams in the top 4 are going to drop points and their ppg is going to go down.

With that in mind, 92 points is pretty much what Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich are on course for. - Which for us could mean 7 more wins and we’re champions!

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No I can't, but if we did then it would get a bit tight I think. Just got to stay focused and not let up a single inch.

I actually think the negativity from a few fans at the Swansea game has fired the players after Enzo comments.

Felt like Saturday performance.was a show of support for the manager.

• Like 1

April looks the most difficult month for Southampton….. I can’t see where they’re dropping points until then….. we’ve got a couple of horrible games dotted in the up and coming weeks…… that I can see us throwing. 

Just hope we can hold our nerve or Southampton have a little wobble. 

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I’m calling bullshit.

In the past 20-odd years only a handful of clubs have hit 100 points in the Championship. No runner-up has had more than 93 in that period. If you genuinely thought there’d be 3-4 teams on 100+ points you’re as mental as the folks who put money on us winning the Prem at 5000-1.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

April looks the most difficult month for Southampton….. I can’t see where they’re dropping points until then….. we’ve got a couple of horrible games dotted in the up and coming weeks…… that I can see us throwing. 

Just hope we can hold our nerve or Southampton have a little wobble. 

Next two are very winnable then they have West Brom and Hull this month, then 2 easier games again, followed by Preston, Sunderland, us, Middlesbrough and Ipswich. There's 7 from their next 11 where they could easily drop points.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

In the past 20-odd years only a handful of clubs have hit 100 points in the Championship. No runner-up has had more than 93 in that period.

93 is the most any runner-up has ever had in the second tier, and that's only happened about twice.

Southampton need two points a game from here to reach 95. Leeds need more than that. If we drop to 1.5 point a game from here we get 96.

For them to get 100 points they need to win all but about three of their remaining games. We could lose six and still get 100 points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Next two are very winnable then they have West Brom and Hull this month, then 2 easier games again, followed by Preston, Sunderland, us, Middlesbrough and Ipswich. There's 7 from their next 11 where they could easily drop points.

I hope so, they’re just unrelenting at the moment, looking back they’ve had a very favourable run but they’ve not tripped once. I just worry that we’re more susceptible to a slip up than they are. 

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The more I look at it, and take into consideration the pressure at the end of the season, teams fighting for their lives at the bottom, or trying to get the last playoff spots, as well as end of season tiredness coming in, all the teams in the top 4 are going to drop points and their ppg is going to go down.

With that in mind, 92 points is pretty much what Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich are on course for. - Which for us could mean 7 more wins and we’re champions!

Yes but a few of those bottom teams suffer from major injuries at this time of year, 

So often few can't fight for their lives, they just don't have the Amunition. 

I think 94 points will be enough for Autos. I don't see Leeds and Ipswich improving their run-rate much from here. 

The big thing will be us vs Southampton for the title, I think. Their huge run can't be ignored, for what it gains them psychologically.

(Having said that, their 21 game unbeaten run has only gained them 3 points more than us - 51 vs 48 points)

But our head start / gap is obviously in our favour. And I'd rather us lose a few games here and there and win more than them. 

image.png.8afd0157d11af19823aaf1c2f87fae6c.png

Looking at the remaining fixtures, I think Southampton will close the gap between games 33 and 38 and then we'll pull away again in the final 8 matches, to sneak it

Even if Southampton win every game from now to game 38 and we win each game but lose to Leeds and Southampton, we'll be on 90 points to their 88. 

Heck, if we do something like W11 D3 L2 (vs Leeds and Southampton), we'd finish on 108 points, which Southampton can only better by going unbeaten for the rest of the season, winning 15+ of their remaining 17 games. 

image.png.5e522ad0297b737a5cf6dcaeda3a4e27.png

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I hope so, they’re just unrelenting at the moment, looking back they’ve had a very favourable run but they’ve not tripped once. I just worry that we’re more susceptible to a slip up than they are. 

You see..! different perspectives I believe we are the mentally stronger team, plus we IMO have a. better equipped relentless system.. 

Though I always carry that Leicester

Last minute doubting DNA... Again this season we will simply just roll on...