Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Buzzing to have it back :D

Usually enjoy the break from the relentless weeks of footie by May but now looking forward to having plenty of footie to watch. Hoping Coalville and Leicester can have good seasons and get promotion!

1 minute ago, Simmo86 said:

I can’t bloody wait to be honest, nice to get back to grounds I’ve not been to in a while, no VAR and we’ll win every week. 

I'm hoping I get the love of it back when we get started. In all honesty haven't fully missed it, especially with the ashes being on etc 

• Like 3

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I'm hoping I get the love of it back when we get started. In all honesty haven't fully missed it, especially with the ashes being on etc 

I think once the fixtures roll you'd youll get it. Its a shame we aren't kicking the season off on a Saturday, starting on a Sunday is a bit duller

• Like 1

Just now, filbertway said:

I think once the fixtures roll you'd youll get it. Its a shame we aren't kicking the season off on a Saturday, starting on a Sunday is a bit duller

I'm glad we aren't the Friday game though. I feel bad for the trek Southampton fans have for a Friday night game 

I'm looking forward to it now, not sure if it's Mavididi joining and there at least being a spine of new players that Maresca will build his team and style around, or if it's because its so close to the new season but it's here and I want us fans to experience far more enjoyable weekends than the last year.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Are you hoping Praet changes his number to 24?

Oh dear, I knew I'd made a mistake doing that 😅.

Edit: That will be his new number when he signs his new contact 🤔 

Edited by Praet24
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm looking forward to it now, not sure if it's Mavididi joining and there at least being a spine of new players that Maresca will build his team and style around, or if it's because its so close to the new season but it's here and I want us fans to experience far more enjoyable weekends than the last year.

I'm starting to feel more positive and suspect we're only a couple of signings away from building a squad that could twat this division if managed correctly. 

• Like 2

Out of interest, when I look at Southampton’s squad I would say they look stronger than ours. Do you think it would be better for us if they sold lavia and JWP or keep them and not being overly happy? Same goes for some Leeds players still there. 

Just now, DezFox said:

Out of interest, when I look at Southampton’s squad I would say they look stronger than ours. Do you think it would be better for us if they sold lavia and JWP or keep them and not being overly happy? Same goes for some Leeds players still there. 

It depends how the players react. If they react how Mahrez and Fofana did and down tools to force a move, it could devastate their team's morale. If they're professional and the situation is handled well, it could be a real problem for us as Lavia and JWP are far too good for this league.

8 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Agreed, as they currently are I think both Southampton and Leeds probably look stronger than us. But a few more signings in and out for all could easily change that.

Yes I agree they do both look stronger, hopefully we get stronger and they get weaker 

9 hours ago, DezFox said:

Romeo has pretty good ballwinning numbers but isn't any good on the ball. JWP is a decent player but his numbers are vastly infkated by how good he is from free kicks and corners. From open play, he's very meh. There's a reason that Southanpton were even worse than us last season, and its not because any of their players are great.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

Agreed, as they currently are I think both Southampton and Leeds probably look stronger than us. But a few more signings in and out for all could easily change that.

23 hours ago, DezFox said:

Yes I agree they do both look stronger, hopefully we get stronger and they get weaker 

Really don't agree with this if i'm honest. 

Leeds have lost pretty much everyone that played for them last season and now have a mix of players from last time they were at this level and youngsters. They'll lose a few more by the end of the month too. Also they've signed.....?

Saints were always going to benefit from the young squad they built up last season, and they do look okay, but they'll lose Lavia, Livaramento and JWP by the end of the window. They've made a couple of signings but nothing spectacular.

25 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Really don't agree with this if i'm honest. 

Leeds have lost pretty much everyone that played for them last season and now have a mix of players from last time they were at this level and youngsters. They'll lose a few more by the end of the month too. Also they've signed.....?

Saints were always going to benefit from the young squad they built up last season, and they do look okay, but they'll lose Lavia, Livaramento and JWP by the end of the window. They've made a couple of signings but nothing spectacular.

Leeds haven't lost that many of note, especially compared to us. 

As I said though, a lot more incomings and outgoings could easily change it. I just think with the 3 squads as they are at the moment, along with the experience of each of the managers, they look slightly better off.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

He basically said our recruitment was garbage

It has been for ages now.

Been useless since that jackpot summer of 2018. The occasional hit (Fofana, Justin, Tielemans) but there's been a staggering amount of money pissed up the wall.

14 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Leeds haven't lost that many of note, especially compared to us. 

As I said though, a lot more incomings and outgoings could easily change it. I just think with the 3 squads as they are at the moment, along with the experience of each of the managers, they look slightly better off.

They’ve lost quite a few tbh, with Tyler Adams linked away as well. Looking decidedly light in the middle of the park…

Rodrigo

Robin Koch

Maximilian Wöber

Tyler Roberts

Joel Robles

Brenden Aaronson

Rasmus Kristensen

Marc Roca

Adam Forshaw