Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

4 minutes ago, Langston said:

I don't understand? I just don't think its that absurd to want the team in 4th to lose lol People saying "urm, actually you should want them to win because it could mean (hypothetical situation x, y and z)" is more baffling to me.

We agree to disagree. I find your thinking relying on more hypothetical situations with less probabilities of verifying. My point is based on the fact that a 2nd place chase with more teams involved creates greater psychological and physical pressure on these teams. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

finally another seeing how lucky Ipswich can be at times

Don't get me wrong I think you make your own luck but bloody hell is it boring watching them continually score low xG injury time goals.

• Like 1

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

We agree to disagree. I find your thinking relying on more hypothetical situations with less probabilities of verifying. My point is based on the fact that a 2nd place chase with more teams involved creates greater psychological and physical pressure on these teams. 

In theory, it's not a fact. By the same token you could argue sides are more likely to take their foot off the gas with fewer sides involved; it's all it's, buts and maybes. I'd sooner celebrate the actual dropping of points.

11 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Here’s a young boy who didn’t have the hare and the tortoise read to him as a child. Don’t underestimate the chasers mate, especially the fat one or that weird bird. They know things. 

No I just don't underestimate us.......

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why wouldn't we want Ipswich to drop out the top 2 race? Then we only need Leeds/Southampton to **** up and we're up.

Seems simple to me.

3 teams chasing each other puts more and different pressure on.

They need to strain their necks a bit longer .2 other opponents is far better for us.

Plus I said after this weekend..Ipswich fixtures are more comfortable..

This 1 point keeps them in the promotion lottery.especially further down the line.

They refind their pre Xmas form…Its going to be a few more worries for the other

2.Plus we will need to be on our toes right up to the wire…

18 minutes ago, sishades said:

Ref giving ITFC an extra minute to try and win the game

To be fair, there was a goal and a sub in stoppage time so whatever else happened and however lucky Ipswich might get, I’m not sure we can use that one lol