Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

59 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Oh this is a good one. Unsure how you get two celebrations confused and do that action 

Easy enough to mix up those legendary Charlie Chaplin and John Travolta celebrations :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, but to a lesser degree in my opinion 

Why? because we're a few points further ahead, had more success recently? 

If you raise your game, you raise your game - you don't sit there and think 'ooh, this is a huge scalp, i'm going to give 110%, but it's not leicester, that's my 120% game!'

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Why? because we're a few points further ahead, had more success recently? 

If you raise your game, you raise your game - you don't sit there and think 'ooh, this is a huge scalp, i'm going to give 110%, but it's not leicester, that's my 120% game!'

Not sure such quantification would feature in such thinking, more a case of these are the best in the league, let’s beat them. Not sure that’s a particularly bizarre mindset within competitive sport. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Nice of the exceptionally intelligent gentleman to point out that we’re shit. I didn’t know that. Bless him. 

You won't hear that in the mainstream media!- Matt Le Tissier

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure such quantification would feature in such thinking, more a case of these are the best in the league, let’s beat them. Not sure that’s a particularly bizarre mindset within competitive sport. :dunno:

Sure, but all three teams are on fire, all have just come down from the prem, all are a bench mark for stellar football of the highest level - i don't see teams differentiating and setting us up as a specifically more desirable scalp anymore than the other two.

If one of the other teams are playing Leeds or southampton, they're going to want to win that game just as much as if it were us - just by virtue of the fact that we are top - in fact, they might even try harder against those two as they still represent a huge scalp but might be perceived as a better chance to sink one of the big three?

I'm sure there's less in it than you imagine.

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

alright i think he might be half cut 

Gary Lineker does have quite big ears though.

Nuff sed, simple facks

We should be worried

Edited by OntarioFox

13 hours ago, MattFox said:

We massively outperformed xg in the first half of 19/20 if I remember correctly then corrected ourselves in the second half of the season

This is also true - and then later in the season started underperforming it so we levelled out.

2019/20 was basically just one brilliant run of 9 games. We were pretty average otherwise.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is also true - and then later in the season started underperforming it so we levelled out.

2019/20 was basically just one brilliant run of 9 games. We were pretty average otherwise.

I actually thought we were better just before that, the games vs Bournemouth Spurs and was it Newcastle who we hammered, then got shafted away at Anfield before winning 9 on the spin. A few of those we were very mediocre but then other games utterly ruthless.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I actually thought we were better just before that, the games vs Bournemouth Spurs and was it Newcastle who we hammered, then got shafted away at Anfield before winning 9 on the spin. A few of those we were very mediocre but then other games utterly ruthless.

edit

Edited by don_danbury

3 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Never realised the Adams Family were real until Southampton proved they were, first we bought Lurch from them and now uncle Fester is berating us online:unsure: maybe there is an afterlife.

We're a bigger scalp than Leeds in 2024. The novelty dies off when you've had about 15 cracks at it. Maybe not for teams in Yorkshire but I think given our recent success we at this point would be a bigger scalp.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

My memory of it was we were hit and miss while generally getting the results up until the Southampton game and then excellent after it for a while, bit it all seemed to go bang against Norwich.

It isn't to say there weren't good games in the 'average' spell. Spurs was a weird game. We got a bit fortunate with an offside but turned it brilliantly on its head afterwards. Newcastle we absolutely battered.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

My memory of it was we were hit and miss while generally getting the results up until the Southampton game and then excellent after it for a while, bit it all seemed to go bang against Norwich.

It isn't to say there weren't good games in the 'average' spell. Spurs was a weird game. We got a bit fortunate with an offside but turned it brilliantly on its head afterwards. Newcastle we absolutely battered.

As good as we we were, it never had the magic feeling that the title winning year had. I’m not sure why but I just always had the feeling the bubble would burst.

I didn’t have that in 2016, or not at least in the same way. There was never a game where I suddenly thought, we actually are going to do something here. Maybe that’s just me, but i was obviously wrong as we ended up winning the cup.

I dont remember a single moment of looking up the table, always down 

Edited by Lambert09

11 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

Top wumming. But imagine if he turns out to be right. :o

I dare say it's more likely this video will be thrown in his face as evidence of stupidity, tbh, but there's always a chance, right?