Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

FB_IMG_1707768125582.thumb.jpg.6e5b25899ca943285d0db24132a36b9a.jpg

Are we just being ignored from now on? 

Let's pretend that Leicester aren't in this league... lol

This is based on opta rankings from the 9-11th, so basically our game v watford - our best two players were ricardo and fatawu, and all the players in their positions ranked higher....

9 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

This is based on opta rankings from the 9-11th, so basically our game v watford - our best two players were ricardo and fatawu, and all the players in their positions ranked higher....

And Jeremy Beadle in goal? Wow. Great that he got a hand to it.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

FB_IMG_1707768125582.thumb.jpg.6e5b25899ca943285d0db24132a36b9a.jpg

Are we just being ignored from now on? 

Let's pretend that Leicester aren't in this league... lol

Russell Martin, manager of the week for "masterminding" a "totally unexpected" home win against the 4th worst team in the league whilst conceding 3 in the process?!!lol

And Rutter (refuse to call him Georginio) is now a right sided central midfielder, is he?! Or is there a stipulation that at least 2 Leeds' players must be in the team of the week?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Russell Martin, manager of the week for "masterminding" a "totally unexpected" home win against the 4th worst team in the league whilst conceding 3 in the process?!!lol

And Rutter (refuse to call him Georginio) is now a right sided central midfielder, is he?! Or is there a stipulation that at least 2 Leeds' players must be in the team of the week?

Who scored list it in a 442 format and also have summerville in the midfield.  It's a silly system, ricardo is classed as a midfielder.

And in the current team of the season, despite having the 5th highest opta rank, Fatawu doesn't get included in the team of the season because he plays, technically, the same position as clarke and sommerville.

14 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

And in the current team of the season, despite having the 5th highest opta rank, Fatawu doesn't get included in the team of the season because he plays, technically, the same position as clarke and sommerville.

He’s scored twice all season, as an attacking player he’s not making team of the season as good as he’s been for us

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He’s scored twice all season, as an attacking player he’s not making team of the season as good as he’s been for us

You are overlooking the fact that this is based on his OPTA ranking which is 6th (5th with appearance weighting) - it's just a technical award. Thus why Viktor Johannsen is currently the goalie in the OPTA TOTS....

Besides, 9 assists is the fifth most in the league, that is a big deal.

6 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He might end up being the top assister....

I like the team of the week.  Not really following other Championship clubs, it gives me an idea about who I'd like us to nab for next season.

I really hope that one of the lesser teams like Hull or Norwich comes up via the playoffs, for three reasons.  It would likely tie up a relegation place next year, it would be very hilarious to leave Leeds behind in The Championship and it would give us better options to grab some players.

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

People still getting upset by the Team of the Week lol

Proper smalltime behaviour. Who gives a fvck.

Just came to post about this. We're getting to the point where people seem to actively LIKE getting wound up, upset and angry about things. Team of the week rage is almost a desperation move

• Like 4

4 hours ago, murphy said:

I like the team of the week.  Not really following other Championship clubs, it gives me an idea about who I'd like us to nab for next season.

I really hope that one of the lesser teams like Hull or Norwich comes up via the playoffs, for three reasons.  It would likely tie up a relegation place next year, it would be very hilarious to leave Leeds behind in The Championship and it would give us better options to grab some players.

Leeds might be absolutely ruined if they stay down, more so than either us or southampton and that would be a mess in its own. 

The contract situation of their sellable assets makes it impossible to sell. They have those loan clauses, so in theory they can all keep going on loan until their contracts end if leeds are in the championship. 

They are fully relying on going up and being able to sell those players who are currently out on loan 

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Leeds might be absolutely ruined if they stay down, more so than either us or southampton and that would be a mess in its own. 

The contract situation of their sellable assets makes it impossible to sell. They have those loan clauses, so in theory they can all keep going on loan until their contracts end if leeds are in the championship. 

They are fully relying on going up and being able to sell those players who are currently out on loan 

They're getting the parachute payment though if they don't get promoted, aren't they?