Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

24 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

He got involved just so he could say "he wants to make the second city club second to none". 

Probably won’t have the same impact as Wrexham being taken over by American based celebs but they could do  with good news at Birmingham.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DezFox said:

JWP and Lavia both available for opener, although we probably new that would be the case. 

They could obviously play them but it comes at a huge risk. They play tomorrow night v Sheff Weds a team promoted from Lge 1 do you need them + are negotiations in progress already, probably with Lavia they are, so i'd expect JWP to play but not Lavia.

Lavia will go at some point for sure & he will go for best part of £50m, JWP will also probably go & for what £30m+, STH probably expect them to go but can they afford to risk the potential £80m loss & continue to pay them?

If they were Leicester players & going from our unfortunate history record i'd be hiding behind the sofa for the full 110mins (games will be this season) if we played them, STH might just have a bit more luck on their side.

For me Leeds are favourites and Southampton just behind- they have pretty much all their best players still and havent really sold anyone(yes I know the americans have gone on loan from leeds and rodrigo but you could argue the others are as good anyway) I see the teams they are both putting out in pre season compared to ours and I cant believe we are favourites for this league- sold our best 2 players- new manager- crap pre season- learning a new style completely and still loads of players that dont want to be here stinking the place out and on top of that havent brought enough in - I dont get it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

They could obviously play them but it comes at a huge risk. They play tomorrow night v Sheff Weds a team promoted from Lge 1 do you need them + are negotiations in progress already, probably with Lavia they are, so i'd expect JWP to play but not Lavia.

Lavia will go at some point for sure & he will go for best part of £50m, JWP will also probably go & for what £30m+, STH probably expect them to go but can they afford to risk the potential £80m loss & continue to pay them?

If they were Leicester players & going from our unfortunate history record i'd be hiding behind the sofa for the full 110mins (games will be this season) if we played them, STH might just have a bit more luck on their side.

I would imagine if they are available they will play. Unless an offer is accepted before then or at least very close. 

6 hours ago, K789 said:

There's a thread on Twitter about this from someone talking about the fact that it's like Hamilton with the Broncos (0.2%) and Reynolds for the F1 (10% for free) as it's likely he's either got a tiny percentage or a percentage for free to be the face. No questions on how much or % share, just being a front.

Obviously Birmingham weren't exactly managed well previously, and it might go well for them, but it's amazing to see how easily investment groups can wiggle the puppet strings of the fans and media. Shine a snazzy name in front and they'll go crazy for it.