Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

I put on the stats thread, to break the record, if we W9 D2 L3, we break the points record by reaching 107 points. And, as of tonight, that guarantees promotion. Leeds and Southampton would need to win all remaining games, and draw with each other for us to need all 107 points.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I put on the stats thread, to break the record, if we W9 D2 L3, we break the points record by reaching 107 points. And, as of tonight, that guarantees promotion. Leeds and Southampton would need to win all remaining games, and draw with each other for us to need all 107 points.

Leeds and Ipswich can both still reach 108 points. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm talking more about winning the league than promotion itself. The next 6 games to be navigated without major disaster and we're dancing.

The target really should be the record.

2.07 points per game needed.

• Like 1

Here's what will happen on 4th May:

Leeds and Southampton tied at same points before their game. Ipswich 1pt behind them. Leeds 1-0 up until the 95th minute, Southampton equalise from a corner, Bamford own goal. Ipswich wins vs Huddersfield and claims the 2nd place. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Here's what will happen on 4th May:

Leeds and Southampton tied at same points before their game. Ipswich 1pt behind them. Leeds 1-0 up until the 95th minute, Southampton equalise from a corner, Bamford own goal. Ipswich wins vs Huddersfield and claims the 2nd place. 

That’d be lovely!

Pressure does funny things to teams. Leeds have had a few weeks of chasing and will now become the chased. Southampton vice versa. I always think those scenarios favour the chaser and the pressure piles on those in the driving seat.

Which makes our nerve all the more remarkable this season. It takes guts to stay.so focussed

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, howie said:

No of course not, just making the point that 108 will guarantee promotion 

Some folk on here were talking the other day that it wouldn’t. Four teams on a hundred points.

soton ain’t that good lads. Absolute pony. We’re mustard. Never got out of half gear first half against Sheffield but we levelled them FLAT. Reckon with the exception of Leeds away who may give us a game we’ve no worries

On 11/02/2024 at 20:39, FrankieADZ said:

alright i think he might be half cut 

Fred Elliott's going to be gutted tonight.

I say...gutted tonight.

Bless!

Edited by murphy
  • Haha 2