Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Sheff Wed who are 23rd in the table 

Football twitter has some absolute weirdos 

cant believe some of them are still going on about it, took them most the game to beat 10 men and yet they are still 31 points behind us

celebrating winning 1 battle yet we are about to win the whole war. 

different levels 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Saints fans reckon their team is knackered, and they’ve got to go to Anfield in the FA cup in a couple of weeks. 

Flynn Downes being injured for them and missing a game or two is a huge blow aswell apparently. 

WBA away Friday will be tricky for them. 

They played yesterday, playing on Friday, then Tuesday, Saturday then Liverpool in the cup on Wednesday. That's a lot of football to play

In comparison we have the underlined Tuesday off. 

32 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Sheff Wed who are 23rd in the table 

Football twitter has some absolute weirdos 

Clowns 😂 1 silly tackle was the only reason they won . Both fatawu and mavadidi on the pitch we would have picked them off in the second half . Oh well let them have their little fun as they have nothing better to celebrate 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

All 3 of the chasing pack will also need to rely on their starting 11s to maintain form & suffer neither injuries nor suspensions, if they are unable to who has the better fringe / back up players as i don't believe any of them rotate that much.

Not really true at all for Leeds.  We lost Bamford in the warm up yesterday, in came Piroe and scored.  We lost Struijk a few weeks ago, Ampadu slotted in at CB, Gruev came into midfield and we got stronger not weaker.  Dan James got injured and Gnonto got his chance and has been on fire.  We singed Connor Roberts in jan but he's being kept out by a truly unreal 17 year old.

We've got absolutely no concerns about strength in depth.

8 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

cant believe some of them are still going on about it, took them most the game to beat 10 men and yet they are still 31 points behind us

celebrating winning 1 battle yet we are about to win the whole war. 

different levels 

It’s a huge moment in the season when you beat the big boys. Credit to them for recognising our level. If they continue complimenting us this much, we could soon have the love levels that Notts Forest/Derby share. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Haha 2

In time, just like that Deeney moment, we'll come look back at the Cov defeat with a wry smile, if we're not already.

The more we impress, pull away and leave them for dust, and the more their fans seem to get full of nostalgia over the win for ultimately no reason, the more amused we'll be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Not really true at all for Leeds.  We lost Bamford in the warm up yesterday, in came Piroe and scored.  We lost Struijk a few weeks ago, Ampadu slotted in at CB, Gruev came into midfield and we got stronger not weaker.  Dan James got injured and Gnonto got his chance and has been on fire.  We singed Connor Roberts in jan but he's being kept out by a truly unreal 17 year old.

We've got absolutely no concerns about strength in depth.

Your squad depth is decent think you will finish 2nd.

• Like 2

Just now, Pub breath said:

Hope so.  Always felt we'd reel Ipswich in....just didn't expect Southampton to end up the bigger concern!!

Your team is better than Southampton I feel, Southampton have been good no denying that, but always felt your side is better, there will be peaks and troughs with 2nd and 3rd throughout the season imo but you will definitely come the season end finish in 2nd.

Farke is more experienced than Russell Martin and when the crunch games happen you will deliver. 

My tips for promotion us obviously , Leeds and West Brom through the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Your team is better than Southampton I feel, Southampton have been good no denying that, but always felt your side is better, there will be peaks and troughs with 2nd and 3rd throughout the season imo but you will definitely come the season end finish in 2nd.

Farke is more experienced than Russell Martin and when the crunch games happen you will deliver. 

My tips for promotion us obviously , Leeds and West Brom through the playoffs.

I try not to be too biased or partisan about my team tbh but even objectively, I'm inclined to agree.  Think the GD points to us being better overall and we've had a tougher set of fixtures so far.

But, don't forget....it's Leeds ;)

Looking forward to the re-match against Leeds. Felt like the 1st game for whatever reason Leicester just didn’t have their head screwed on. Leeds came with a known plan and executed it well and won. It was still tight the score line towards the end but I’m confident Enzo will have a very different plan next time. I expect another close thrilling game but Leicester will come out on top this time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Leeds fixtures are very favourable, if they beat us they will run us very close

"If" they beat us they will still be 9 points behind should we both our interim games.

As I have said many times before, "this is our title to lose".

6 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Leeds fixtures are very favourable, if they beat us they will run us very close

You're under the assumption they won't drop points unsuspectedly. People were talking about Saints like they were juggernauts and it all can come crashing down.

We have something they don't, a big points cushion. I'm not concerned and that's coming from someone who thinks we will probably lose at Elland Rd.

Edited by TheGoldenGod

19 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

You're under the assumption they won't drop points unsuspectedly. People were talking about Saints like they were juggernauts and it all can come crashing down.

We have something they don't, a big points cushion, not concerned and that's coming from someone who thinks we will probably lose at Elland Rd.

Yep, Leeds probably need to win 13 out of 14 games and that includes beating us in order to overtake us IMO, and that's only if we tail off.

If we beat Boro and avoid defeat at Elland Road, I think it's done. I don't see them winning enough games nor us failing to win enough in order to make it happen.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 2

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yep, Leeds probably need to win 13 out of 16 games and that includes beating us in order to overtake us IMO.

If we beat Boro and avoid defeat at Elland Road, I really can't see Leeds catching us. I don't see them winning enough games nor us failing to win enough in order to make it happen.

They have 14 games remaining, not 16 and have shown they are a lot less consistent.

Ipswich and Southampton are still going to press, Ipswich having 16 games left.

Myself, I am of the opinion we only need 9/10 wins from our remaining 14 games.

12 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

"If" they beat us they will still be 9 points behind should we both our interim games.

As I have said many times before, "this is our title to lose".

Didn't read the post properly sorry.

Edited by lcfc278