Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

14 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Here's what will happen on 4th May:

Leeds and Southampton tied at same points before their game. Ipswich 1pt behind them. Leeds 1-0 up until the 95th minute, Southampton equalise from a corner, Bamford own goal. Ipswich wins vs Huddersfield and claims the 2nd place. 

Coventry and someone like Preston to go on a run and take 5th and 6th, knock out both Southampton and Leeds in the playoff semis and then Coventry to have back to back playoff final heartbreak, all whilst Everton (or Forest, either will do) get relegated.

:fc:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Sheff Wed who are 23rd in the table 

Football twitter has some absolute weirdos 

Not much difference to the Leeds fans on social media that go mad anytime there is anything posted praising us because we're a lucky team who took advantage of poor Leeds bedding in period to a new manager. They're the real best team in the league. Despite, you know, scoring less goals, conceding more goals and most importantly... having less points. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Looking forward to the re-match against Leeds. Felt like the 1st game for whatever reason Leicester just didn’t have their head screwed on. Leeds came with a known plan and executed it well and won. It was still tight the score line towards the end but I’m confident Enzo will have a very different plan next time. I expect another close thrilling game but Leicester will come out on top this time.

Anything can happen of course but I wouldn't be expecting that outcome if I were you.  Nobody has got close to beating us at ER this season.

13 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

They have 14 games remaining, not 16 and have shown they are a lot less consistent.

Ipswich and Southampton are still going to press, Ipswich having 16 games left.

Myself, I am of the opinion we only need 9/10 wins from our remaining 14 games.

14****

Yep I agree, I think 9 wins sees us up. 8 probably does it tbf.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

2 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Anything can happen of course but I wouldn't be expecting that outcome if I were you.  Nobody has got close to beating us at ER this season.

Nobody's got close but the best team in the league's not rocked up yet. It's a must win for Leeds that's for sure!

2 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

You’ve had 4/5 draws at home and a whole host of narrow one goal wins, hardly looks infallible? That’s not be saying we will rock up and win by the way but your home record looks slightly flattering to say you’re unbeaten. I realise this is not taking into account the patterns of those games etc and just looking at results.

We also have the best away record I believe and are clearly the strongest team in the league so logically, if anyone is to beat you at ER, it may as well be us!

1 minute ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Nobody's got close but the best team in the league's not rocked up yet. It's a must win for Leeds that's for sure!

True but the second best team in the league at the time got hammered 4-0.  We are the strongest at home i've seen a Leeds team in a really long time.

Anything can happen in football but I wouldn't be going into that game expecting to win it.  It'll be tough for you.

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

You’ve had 4/5 draws at home and a whole host of narrow one goal wins, hardly looks infallible? That’s not be saying we will rock up and win by the way but your home record looks slightly flattering to say you’re unbeaten. I realise this is not taking into account the patterns of those games etc and just looking at results.

We also have the best away record I believe and are clearly the strongest team in the league so logically, if anyone is to beat you at ER, it may as well be us!

We never looked like losing any of those draws though and most were the opponent digging in and grinding them out in the face of us trying to win the game.  Doubt any team has ever won all their home games in a season so some draws are practically inevitable.

27 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

You're under the assumption they won't drop points unsuspectedly. People were talking about Saints like they were juggernauts and it all can come crashing down.

We have something they don't, a big points cushion. I'm not concerned and that's coming from someone who thinks we will probably lose at Elland Rd.

3 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

True but the second best team in the league at the time got hammered 4-0.  We are the strongest at home i've seen a Leeds team in a really long time.

Anything can happen in football but I wouldn't be going into that game expecting to win it.  It'll be tough for you.

If you look above I said only half an hour ago that I think we'll lose at your place but we're no mugs clearly so just like the home game, it'll be close I feel!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheGoldenGod said:

If you look above I said only half an hour ago that I think we'll lose at your place but we're no mugs clearly so just like the home game, it'll be close I feel!

That's for sure. No chance you'll fold like Ipswich did.

14 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

We never looked like losing any of those draws though and most were the opponent digging in and grinding them out in the face of us trying to win the game.  Doubt any team has ever won all their home games in a season so some draws are practically inevitable.

Hmm, suspected that was the case. I suppose it depends on your definition of ‘not come close’. Particularly with draws, you’re one break away away from losing the game so I’d say it isn’t really not come close but I get your point based on the balance of play and appreciate I’m talking hypothetical.

Interestingly you have still still dropped exactly the same amount of points this season as we have (8) just from 4 draws rather than 2 defeats and a draw.

• Like 1

Just seen this interesting post on the Saints Forum - like Leeds they are coming for us….I think if we get through the Soton and Leeds games unbeaten, we are nearly home and hosed.

16 hours ago,  CB Fry said: 

Can someone just run past me again why we want Leeds to beat Leicester in a couple of weeks?

Because we’re only 14 points behind them with a game in hand, beat them Win our game in hand, they lose to Leeds we win our game the gap is down to 5 points! 

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Just seen this interesting post on the Saints Forum - like Leeds they are coming for us….I think if we get through the Soton and Leeds games unbeaten, we are nearly home and hosed.

Can someone just run past me again why we want Leeds to beat Leicester in a couple of weeks?

Because we’re only 14 points behind them with a game in hand, beat them Win our game in hand, they lose to Leeds we win our game the gap is down to 5 points! 

"only 14 points behind" is an unreal statement haha! Where's the self-awareness?

• Like 3

The look on the Saints players faces after the third goal.

Also, good ol' Matty James, after that injury that pretty much ended his first team time here, glad to see he is doing well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

You would have to be insane to think Leeds beating Leicester would be the most favourable result for Southampton with the situation they are in! What was he thinking? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Hmm, suspected that was the case. I suppose it depends on your definition of ‘not come close’. Particularly with draws, you’re one break away away from losing the game so I’d say it isn’t really not come close but I get your point based on the balance of play and appreciate I’m talking hypothetical.

Interestingly you have still still dropped exactly the same amount of points this season as we have (8) just from 4 draws rather than 2 defeats and a draw.

Yeah, fair points.  I suppose what I mean is, we only looked like winning the draws rather than losing them, when the scores were level.  Take the last draw we had - Coventry.  20 attempts from us, 7 from them.  25 vs 7 against Cardiff.  16 vs 4 against West Brom.

Most of those draws were during that first month of turmoil also.  It is different now.  We've let in 1 goal in the last 5 home games and the GF/GA is 14/1. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Hardly any Leeds fans are suggesting this and probably hardly any saints fans.

You always get the odd loon though.

42 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I think the post about ‘only’ being 14 point behind is taking the piss. I think they did think they could catch us but you’d imagine pretty much now, after they have lost yesterday and we have won the last few, they’ll have realised their chances has slipped away compared to a few weeks ago when it was a semi-realistic or at least ambitious target!

57 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Yeah, fair points.  I suppose what I mean is, we only looked like winning the draws rather than losing them, when the scores were level.  Take the last draw we had - Coventry.  20 attempts from us, 7 from them.  25 vs 7 against Cardiff.  16 vs 4 against West Brom.

Most of those draws were during that first month of turmoil also.  It is different now.  We've let in 1 goal in the last 5 home games and the GF/GA is 14/1. 

All about nerve now matey at this stage. Big advantage in your favour is Farke knowing how to do this. And players know that. 

In our favour, the players have a system to fall back into. Muscle memory. They know it works and can stick to the plan. 

I was leaning towards saints up until two weeks ago but my money would be on you now

• Like 1

Leeds and Southampton don’t give a toss about us.  Avoiding the playoffs is everything.  Southampton will be huge Leicester fans next week.

WBA is dangerous team for whoever slips back into 3rd-4th.  Very hard to break down, play well against the top sides.

• Like 2