Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Pub breath said:

Anything can happen of course but I wouldn't be expecting that outcome if I were you.  Nobody has got close to beating us at ER this season.

For what it’s worth I doubt we beat you at one of the best U2 gigs I’ve ever been to - Elland Road. Be a close game again I think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Leeds fixtures are very favourable, if they beat us they will run us very close

They might. Anything can happen in football, and it doesn't always go as expected. Good thing too, or it'd be boring.

But -

Even if they win all their remaining games (very big if) we still need a drop in form for them to catch us.

Can see Southampton dropping points again Friday night. Bad time for them to start dropping any now. Plymouth could give Leeds a good game just need to try keep it tight for the first 30 mins or so. If somehow both drop points this weekend and we get 3 again would make it very comfortable even with the Southampton and leeds games coming up 

17 minutes ago, BertFill said:

They might. Anything can happen in football, and it doesn't always go as expected. Good thing too, or it'd be boring.

But -

Even if they win all their remaining games (very big if) we still need a drop in form for them to catch us.

3 games if they beat us, I honestly think they win all of their remaining games, very easy fixtures 

i think we will still pip them by a few points

Guest glasgowfox
3 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

3 games if they beat us, I honestly think they win all of their remaining games, very easy fixtures 

Would not call Southampton at home last day of the season a very easy fixture :dunno:

1 hour ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

And yet they've still got 3 fixtures which we lost.

1 hour ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Zero chance they win 20 games in a row.

If they win 12 out of their remaining 14 games I'll be shocked.

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Leeds and Southampton don’t give a toss about us.  Avoiding the playoffs is everything.  Southampton will be huge Leicester fans next week.

WBA is dangerous team for whoever slips back into 3rd-4th.  Very hard to break down, play well against the top sides.

Think I agree on WBA. I think if they face Ipswich in the semis they'll knock them out.

• Like 1

Yet I thought West Brom were the poorest of the top sides we’ve played this season.

Also Leeds aren’t winning every game until the end of the season. Not even your Man City’s and peak era Barcelona could win that many consecutive games. 

• Like 2

I doubt Leeds(players/coaching staff/fans)

realistically expect to catch us.

Someone do the maths but we only need to match their results for several more games???

It's working out nicely as leeds/Southampton/Ipswich etc can toss each other off for runners up while we remain untouchable.

:brendan:

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yep, Leeds probably need to win 13 out of 14 games and that includes beating us in order to overtake us IMO, and that's only if we tail off.

If we beat Boro and avoid defeat at Elland Road, I think it's done. I don't see them winning enough games nor us failing to win enough in order to make it happen.

Mate everyone is entitled to an opinion, and i respect it, but really, Leeds have far more to worry about than catching up with us, we would need to royally screw up, Ipswich have 2 games in hand and Southampton 1 game in hand if Ipswich win both there in hand matches they're level on points Southampton win there game in hand there level on points with Leeds, personally I think Leicester and Ipswich will be 1 and 2, Leeds 3rd with Southampton, and that will be down to the last match of the season who gets 3rd doesn't  matter play offs lume large

Edited by Vazman
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Mate everyone is entitled to an opinion, and i respect it, but really, Leeds have far more to worry about than catching up with us, we would need to royally screw up, Ipswich have 2 games in hand and Southampton 1 game in hand if Ipswich win both there in hand matches they're level on points Southampton win there game in hand there level on points with Leeds, personally I think Leicester and Ipswich will be 1 and 2, Leeds 3rd with Southampton, and that will be down to the last match of the season who gets 3rd doesn't  matter play offs lume large

Ipswich have taken 12 points from their last 10 games in the time that the other three have taken 23+, plus lost to Maidstone in the FA cup, it’s very difficult to see them averaging the 2 points per game until the end of the season which they’d need to finish 2nd. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Ipswich have taken 12 points from their last 10 games in the time that the other three have taken 23+, plus lost to Maidstone in the FA cup, it’s very difficult to see them averaging the 2 points per game until the end of the season which they’d need to finish 2nd. 

I understand your logic, I just think they'll have a stronger run in, Southampton Fitness is waning, I just think Leeds will drop a vital match, hopefully against us hence my prediction, I will probably be wrong lol...

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Didn't Cardiff almost beat you opening day 

25 attempts vs 7.  72% vs 28%.  It was the most ridiculous game but yeah, took a last minute equaliser to save defeat.  I guess on that alone, they did come close so i'll temper that ealier comment. It wasnt because they deserved to mind.

Shows you what can occasionally happen in football but it should have been a comfortable win.

Club was in a mess then too.  It's a completely different vibe now.

Leeds could well be the best side in the division.

We might only be ahead of Leeds at this point because we started better 

Leeds might beat us at Elland Road. I wouldn’t be at all surprised on their own ground. 

The point is I couldn’t really care less about any of the above (except I’d obviously like to beat them). The only thing I care about is that we’re currently 12 points ahead of them. If we go up and they don’t, nobody will care or remember how good they were - and it will be the same if it’s the other way around. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Nobody's got close but the best team in the league's not rocked up yet. It's a must win for Leeds that's for sure!

This is where we will come unstuck there. As in the reverse fixture. For us, its just another game. For Leeds it's a must win.