Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Said yesterday.  Fancy Ipswich to drop points tonight. I reckon Southampton draw with the baggies 

Leeds will do the double over us, we'll win the league, and all their fans will go on about how they're the best in the league and they beat us, just like Arsenal did when we won the prem by 10 points.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Said yesterday.  Fancy Ipswich to drop points tonight. I reckon Southampton draw with the baggies 

Leeds will do the double over us, we'll win the league, and all their fans will go on about how they're the best in the league and they beat us, just like Arsenal did when we won the prem by 10 points.

Looks like I'm wrong.... again 

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I know i’m not supposed to, but i’m genuinely routing for ipswich. 

I just don’t see them as a real threat to us, if there’s any chance they can sneak that second spot I want them to do it. With next year in mind the potential of cov/west b/hull and ipswich joining us infinitely makes our task of staying up easier/ 

It’s just a nice story as well. And it would be hilarious if it was the expense of Southampton and Leeds. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I know i’m not supposed to, but i’m genuinely routing for ipswich. 

I just don’t see them as a real threat to us, if there’s any chance they can sneak that second spot I want them to do it. With next year in mind the potential of cov/west b/hull and ipswich joining us infinitely makes our task of staying up easier/ 

Wouldn't say that.. look at Luton.. genuinely had them earmarked to break derby's record.

Didn't take in to account they'll play like a lower tier team playing a prem team in the fa cup going on a shock run. 

That being said, I'd like Ipswich to make it. Don't like Leeds, not fussed about Southampton but they've had plenty of years in the prem without doing ought .. been a long time since Ipswich were up there and they've done well with what they have 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We have an extremely good record at Elland Road, probably doesn't count for a lot in this present season as Leeds are formidable there but its going to be some game.

I think they'll come out full force, something we aren't used to and convincingly beat us, but we'll win the league anyway and have them inform us of how much better than us they are because we all know 2nds better than 1st

Defensively we have to be 100% focused against Leeds as one little mistake and they will punish us where other teams may not. But we could easily pick them off if we are calm on the ball and frustrate them by keeping it for long periods. Would love a vardy hat trick with him winding up the fans 😂

2 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Wouldn't say that.. look at Luton.. genuinely had them earmarked to break derby's record.

Didn't take in to account they'll play like a lower tier team playing a prem team in the fa cup going on a shock run. 

That being said, I'd like Ipswich to make it. Don't like Leeds, not fussed about Southampton but they've had plenty of years in the prem without doing ought .. been a long time since Ipswich were up there and they've done well with what they have 

You’re right, it  absolutely happens sometimes with good management and behind the scenes work. But resource wise, it means they have to truly work a bit of magic to achieve it (they might).  

Both Leeds and southampton will look no different to the other lower league prem sides without doing much. one or 2 good or bad additions will likely determine their season one way or the other. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

Defensively we have to be 100% focused against Leeds as one little mistake and they will punish us where other teams may not. But we could easily pick them off if we are calm on the ball and frustrate them by keeping it for long periods. Would love a vardy hat trick with him winding up the fans 😂

Who would you start in that one?

Personally, I feel like mavididi and fatawu play better with daka... but Vardy links better with the 8s and offers that bit more no how... vardy probably pips it for me, assuming with your hattrick wish you're thinking the same?

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

You’re right, it  absolutely happens sometimes with good management and behind the scenes work. But resource wise, it means they have to truly work a bit of magic to achieve it (they might).  

Both Leeds and southampton will look no different to the other lower league prem sides without doing much. one or 2 good or bad additions will likely determine their season one way or the other. 

Yea you're right, and Luton is really a bit of a one off.. I'd love them to stay up.. one, they deserve it and two, I genuinely think second season syndrome hits them hard next season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Who would you start in that one?

Personally, I feel like mavididi and fatawu play better with daka... but Vardy links better with the 8s and offers that bit more no how... vardy probably pips it for me, assuming with your hattrick wish you're thinking the same?

I reckon he will start with daka to be honest seems to be the main guy at the minute and seeing him chase back against Watford I imagine will need a fair bit of that against Leeds as well. Vardy can always come off the bench to score a hat trick when we are already 3-0 up 😂

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We have an extremely good record at Elland Road, probably doesn't count for a lot in this present season as Leeds are formidable there but its going to be some game.

Best home record vs the best away record.

Interesting have taken the same number of points as us at home.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Best home record vs the best away record.

Interesting have taken the same number of points as us at home.

I saw that too.. sake GD too.. literally scored 2 more goals than us.. just raving because they haven't lost a game, yet we've won more 

Our away form is insane. 

Still reckon they'll win, give them an invisible trophy to rave about 

1 minute ago, Noahfence said:

There’s a lot of garbage in this league isn’t there 

Swansea, Stoke, Millwall, QPR are all appalling. Huddersfield look to be on a strong run so there’s a good chance they’ll all be struggling. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lionator said:

Swansea, Stoke, Millwall, QPR are all appalling. Huddersfield look to be on a strong run so there’s a good chance they’ll all be struggling. 

Stoke at home earlier in the season I was almost in disbelief at what I was watching. Not sure I’ve seen us play a poorer side. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

I'd say the whole bottom half are awful to be fair.

We easily beat sheff wed yesterday without really getting out of first gear.. Plymouth were turgid down here, Birmingham and Blackburn are cack