Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Wont be surprised if cov go on get promoted to be honest. Especially if Leeds nick second place. I look at the other teams in and around play offs and cov seem capable of beating all. So its possible the m69 derby will continue in the Premier league.

11 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I want Coventry, West Brom, Leeds and Southampton in playoffs. It will be fun. 

Replace Coventry with Sunderland and you’ll see some cracking football, big crowds and some great atmospheres.

What would be even better would be the reaction of Leeds fans when they lose the play off final to Sunderland who finish 25 points behind them and have been largely pretty average all season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

We seem to go through exactly the same change curve watching our rivals every game. Changing only slightly at the end after the result:

Ipswich

They might struggle against these

I can't believe Ipswich are in the top 4

I can't believe how rubbish (insert team opponent) are

They're so lucky (make last minute deflected goals reference) 

I actually like Ipswich

I'd rather Ipswich go up than the others

Ha, the wheels have fallen off the tractor I knew they couldn't keep it up

Leeds

They could lose this

They're the best team in the league (insert amusing or ironic emoji)

Insert stats to demonstrate Leeds are not actually better than us

I hate Leeds

insist Leeds won't catch us (insert another stat as reassurance)

Ha, they've lost, include several more ironic jokes about being the best team in the world

Saints

They could lose this

Insert comment from over optimistic Saints fan as evidence of delusion

Insert stat to demonstrate they've not really caught us up despite not losing since 1948

insist they only won because they play rubbish teams every week

insist Saints won't catch us (insert fixture list with emphasis on run in and last game) 

Ha, they've lost, make reference to Russell Martin and include unflattering comparison to Brendan Rodgers

Rinse ... Repeat... Rinse.... Repeat... Rinse .... Somebody make it stop!!!!! 

lol I feel the pain.

Just be thankful you've had a season off of having to read "spuds" and "florist" :D 

Naturally you don't watch other teams as much of your own so are likely to draw unfair conclusions, though I'm sure whenever I watch Ipswich they score a 25 yarder.

They have a much different approach to us and you can see it in the data. We have the highest xG per shot in the league (non-penalty), which you can see with the patient style and I think we've maybe had 2 goals from outside the area? The good thing with the style is that it is highly replicable with the right quality, as we've shown.

Ipswich have a more mid table xG per shot, though also a shorter than average shot distance (so I do have some bias!). I think some of the "luck" could be put down to buying more lottery tickets...they've had 50 more shots than us.

The fact that they've found a way to compete with the relegated clubs is hugely impressive in itself!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

We have the highest xG per shot in the league (non-penalty), which you can see with the patient style and I think we've maybe had 2 goals from outside the area? The good thing with the style is that it is highly replicable with the right quality, as we've shown.

Ipswich have a more mid table xG per shot, though also a shorter than average shot distance (so I do have some bias!). I think some of the "luck" could be put down to buying more lottery tickets...they've had 50 more shots than us.

I wish we bought more lottery tickets.

Almost every game, we spurn two or three reasonably high xG shots to try to pass or dummy for the perfect shot.  Great when everybody is on the same page and it works, but we turn it over in a goodly number of promising positions when attackers misread each others' intentions and overplay.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Naturally you don't watch other teams as much of your own so are likely to draw unfair conclusions, though I'm sure whenever I watch Ipswich they score a 25 yarder.

They have a much different approach to us and you can see it in the data. We have the highest xG per shot in the league (non-penalty), which you can see with the patient style and I think we've maybe had 2 goals from outside the area? The good thing with the style is that it is highly replicable with the right quality, as we've shown.

The fact that they've found a way to compete with the relegated clubs is hugely impressive in itself!

12 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Almost every game, we spurn two or three reasonably high xG shots to try to pass or dummy for the perfect shot.  Great when everybody is on the same page and it works, but we turn it over in a goodly number of promising positions when attackers misread each others' intentions and overplay.

Across 31/32 games that's around 1.5 shots more per game - it's hardly meaningful...

6 minutes ago, Saintquin said:

Can't believe some of you are even thinking you're going to get over taken.

I just can't see anyone catching you up, no matter what run they go on.

Years of experience mate 

It’s conditioining as an Lcfc supporter

you're right 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

I feel like we can occasionally be guilty of the old trying to walk it in, but we seem to have found answers to getting through recently. At the start of the season it seemed that the first half was a bit of a non event but I think we've started to impose ourselves early in the game more as the season has gone on.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It will largely stem from when it was very close between us back in October/November time. There were a stretch of games we both kept winning and our fans were incensed that a few of your wins were somewhat fortuitous. The Bristol City and Plymouth ones stick in the memory.

Hmm. Can't remember being particularly lucky in the BC one. We had 20 shots to their 11. Plymouth I think we were a little fortuitous to not have a player sent off (although looking at slo-mo replays I think it was the correct decision, but certainly seen them given usually). But anyway, we were getting called lucky on here well before those games!

Doesn't bother me, kind of suits us if teams just think we're lucky. I just find it odd. We've had so many crap refs (I'm sure you have too) making crap decisions that nothing feels particularly lucky to us (and I know every teams' fans probably feel the same!) Having said all that, I think we were lucky with the pen last night, looked like the initial contact was outside the box to me, but we were 3-0 up at the time so didn't really affect the result.

BTW, it's a good board this. Have enjoyed the chat and the mostly complimentary comments about ITFC!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I think a double deflection with the last kick of the game at Portman Road (and a stonewall penalty missed for us which would've killed the game - us having successfully ridden a bit of an Ipswich rally) and a late equaliser at the KP (having been outclassed for 70 minutes) also adds fuel to the lucky fire. 

Yeah agree the double deflection goal was pretty bizarre, but if I remember correctly it was at least hit on target. But yeah you can have that one! With the game at the KP I'd say first half you totally outclassed us, but 70 mins is a bit of a stretch. I think if the game had gone on another 10 minutes we'd have won that - said as much to my Leicester supporting mate and he agreed!

8 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

We all bang on like we want Ipswich to go up for reasons but the reality is they are shit and we’d much rather they go up than Leeds or Southampton because it gives us a much better chance of staying up. That’s why I want them to go up and want Leeds and Southampton to both fail in the playoffs. 

"Shit"? Despite the best start to any league season following promotion, ever?! And keeping pace with you lot for a fair old while (and ahead of the other relegated Prem clubs). And you not managing to beat us?

Interesting!

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Dollers said:

"Shit"? Despite the best start to any league season following promotion, ever?! And keeping pace with you lot for a fair old while (and ahead of the other relegated Prem clubs). And you not managing to beat us?

Interesting!

I for one really enjoy watching Ipswich, the energy levels are off the charts and the amount of players flooding the box is great to watch. Hope they come up

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dollers said:

Interesting!

I think Ipswich have been great and hope you go up but why do you care what some Leicester fans think on their own forum?

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Have a feeling that Rotherham could upset Ipswich.

Shit, hadn’t logged that Ipswich’s next 3 games are Swansea, Rotherham and Birmingham, 3 of the worst sides in the league and 2 at home! Got to be 9 points from 9 there you’d think!

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 1

On 14/02/2024 at 18:34, Leicester_Loyal said:

Zero chance they win 20 games in a row.

If they win 12 out of their remaining 14 games I'll be shocked.

The all time record is 14 - so 20 would be quite an achievement. And also, apart from arsenal in 2002, no one has managed 14 since 1950/1

• Like 2

On 14/02/2024 at 21:34, Simonb said:

I think they'll come out full force, something we aren't used to and convincingly beat us, but we'll win the league anyway and have them inform us of how much better than us they are because we all know 2nds better than 1st

Have to remember that in the reverse fixture they did what you suggest and we were pretty poor, but we still only lost thanks to the woodwork and meslier somehow saving that last minute shot from off the goal line

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Have to remember that in the reverse fixture they did what you suggest and we were pretty poor, but we still only lost thanks to the woodwork and meslier somehow saving that last minute shot from off the goal line

Had we had Wilf instead of a woeful Casadei, we'd have drawn at the very least. 

Next week we are likely to play a competent midfielder in Wilf's position 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dollers said:

Hmm. Can't remember being particularly lucky in the BC one. We had 20 shots to their 11. Plymouth I think we were a little fortuitous to not have a player sent off (although looking at slo-mo replays I think it was the correct decision, but certainly seen them given usually). But anyway, we were getting called lucky on here well before those games!

Doesn't bother me, kind of suits us if teams just think we're lucky. I just find it odd. We've had so many crap refs (I'm sure you have too) making crap decisions that nothing feels particularly lucky to us (and I know every teams' fans probably feel the same!) Having said all that, I think we were lucky with the pen last night, looked like the initial contact was outside the box to me, but we were 3-0 up at the time so didn't really affect the result.

BTW, it's a good board this. Have enjoyed the chat and the mostly complimentary comments about ITFC!

For me it started with your game at QPR away - granted i only saw the highlights, but it was all QPR and how they didn't score 4 or 5 i'll never know.

3 hours ago, Dollers said:

Interesting!

Bear in mind that a number of posters on here are still saying that we are shit!

• Haha 2