Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

13 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

We all bang on like we want Ipswich to go up for reasons but the reality is they are shit and we’d much rather they go up than Leeds or Southampton because it gives us a much better chance of staying up. That’s why I want them to go up and want Leeds and Southampton to both fail in the playoffs. 

Nah, I still want Southampton to go up for the same reason. Southampton have been much more of flat track bullies compared to the other teams, which suggests they'll be the most shit in the PL.

Southampton v top half : PPG 1.2

Southampton v bottom half: PPG 2.8

Leeds v top half: PPG 1.8

Leeds v bottom half: PPG 2.2

Ipswich v top half: PPG 1.8

Ipswich v bottom Half: PPG 2.2

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

The all time record is 14 - so 20 would be quite an achievement. And also, apart from arsenal in 2002, no one has managed 14 since 1950/1

Man City and Liverpool both have separate winning runs of 17 and 18 games each in the past few years, in this era of them battling for the title for a number of years.

9 hours ago, brucey said:

Nah, I still want Southampton to go up for the same reason. Southampton have been much more of flat track bullies compared to the other teams, which suggests they'll be the most shit in the PL.

Southampton v top half : PPG 1.2

Southampton v bottom half: PPG 2.8

Leeds v top half: PPG 1.8

Leeds v bottom half: PPG 2.2

Ipswich v top half: PPG 1.8

Ipswich v bottom Half: PPG 2.2

This is because for some reason Southampton only play Huddersfield, Rotherham and Stoke. 

I said it last week, I still wouldn't rule Ipswich out. They have struggled since Christmas but I don't see that carrying on for the rest of the season with the signings they have made.

They've some cannon fodder coming up and I think they'll easily get 30+ points from their last 15 games and put themselves in the mix with Leeds and Southampton. Whether that's enough is debatable (hope so as it means we then only need about 18 points from our remaining 14 games).

• Like 2

Wouldn’t mind ipswich sneaking in second place at the end of the season and let Leeds and Southampton scrap it out in the play offs tht would great. Then both lose and have to spend another season trying to get out the league again . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Very impressive CV to be fair!

Yes a good Appointment it seems, I hope he delivers as I like it when a small club makes a breakthrough and challenges the bigger clubs.

Whether they have the money to invest in the team going forward will be key.

Yeah Ipswich aren't out of this with those fixtures. I'd not be shocked if they got back into 2nd although I expect Leeds to probably finish there now, but I hope it's Ipswich.

Think they'll win quite handily tomorrow. Swansea look abysmal.

• Like 1

West Brom playing Southampton tonight at home, and have just announced a major takeover. That could be handy for us. Hopefully that should give them an extra 5-10% boost tonight and work in our favour. Southampton lose that, and we win tomorrow we’d be 17 clear (albeit Southampton with a game in hand).

• Like 1

On 14/02/2024 at 23:49, Jobyfox said:

We seem to go through exactly the same change curve watching our rivals every game. Changing only slightly at the end after the result:

Ipswich

They might struggle against these

I can't believe Ipswich are in the top 4

I can't believe how rubbish (insert team opponent) are

They're so lucky (make last minute deflected goals reference) 

I actually like Ipswich

I'd rather Ipswich go up than the others

Ha, the wheels have fallen off the tractor I knew they couldn't keep it up

Leeds

They could lose this

They're the best team in the league (insert amusing or ironic emoji)

Insert stats to demonstrate Leeds are not actually better than us

I hate Leeds

insist Leeds won't catch us (insert another stat as reassurance)

Ha, they've lost, include several more ironic jokes about being the best team in the world

Saints

They could lose this

Insert comment from over optimistic Saints fan as evidence of delusion

Insert stat to demonstrate they've not really caught us up despite not losing since 1948

insist they only won because they play rubbish teams every week

insist Saints won't catch us (insert fixture list with emphasis on run in and last game) 

Ha, they've lost, make reference to Russell Martin and include unflattering comparison to Brendan Rodgers

Rinse ... Repeat... Rinse.... Repeat... Rinse .... Somebody make it stop!!!!! 

Someone once said, the more that things change the more they stay the same..

17 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I think Ipswich have been great and hope you go up but why do you care what some Leicester fans think on their own forum?

I don't really care. It's mildly interesting though.

14 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

For me it started with your game at QPR away - granted i only saw the highlights, but it was all QPR and how they didn't score 4 or 5 i'll never know.

I guess that one that hit the inside of the post was lucky but over the full game it was a deserved win. 62%-38% possession in our favour, 17 shots to their 10.

Maybe we just look lucky on highlights reels or something, certainly doesn't feel particularly lucky to us!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Compared to Leeds and Southampton yeah.

We won at St. Mary's.

We've been above both clubs all of the first half of the season until injury, suspension and illness kicked in.

6 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I couldn’t give a monkeys who goes up so long as we are one of them. 

See, I say that. And, it's true but then I get greedy and add, as Champions, with the points record. And, really not wanting Leeds or Cov up.

20 minutes ago, Dollers said:

I don't really care. It's mildly interesting though.

Having lived in Suffolk for 15 years and seeing the rebirth of ITFC its fantastic for the Town....selfishly I hope they come up too as the gap to the prem is huge although the club is ran fantastically and McKenna is a top top talent I think Southampton and Leeds would definitely invest massively to try and stay up whereas ITFC would continue their sensible model of investment but within a structure which I think would probably mean they would struggle more......

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I said it last week, I still wouldn't rule Ipswich out. They have struggled since Christmas but I don't see that carrying on for the rest of the season with the signings they have made.

They've some cannon fodder coming up and I think they'll easily get 30+ points from their last 15 games and put themselves in the mix with Leeds and Southampton. Whether that's enough is debatable (hope so as it means we then only need about 18 points from our remaining 14 games).

I think the pressure is more of an issue in the final stretch; much easier to win a game early and mid-season with little pressure.

As the season comes to a close the pressure ramps up I think we are going to see a lot of strangle results 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think the pressure is more of an issue in the final stretch; much easier to win a game early and mid-season with little pressure.

As the season comes to a close the pressure ramps up I think we are going to see a lot of strangle results 

Hopefully we don't choke...

• Haha 2