Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Might be a minority opinion, but I'd fancy an Ipswich side running on the pure energy of two successive promotions to stay up ahead of Leeds or Southampton.

Just having spent some recent time in the Prem is no indication of ability to make the step-up. Of the three promoted last season, the only one looking even slightly likely to stay up is Luton, who are the only ones without any prem pedigree.

• Like 3

I think we have too much momentum built up now. You can see it in the players attitude in every game now. They're really fighting and chasing down every ball.

I don't like Leeds who feel entitled so I'd prefer to see Ipswich or Southamption go up with us.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think we have too much momentum built up now.

Also we're miles ahead and have shown that we're consistently at least as good and usually better than everyone else.

43 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't like Leeds who feel entitled

I don't like Leeds because they're Leeds and I'm old enough to have grown up with 'Dirty Leeds.'

44 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd prefer to see Ipswich or Southamption go up with us.

I dislike most clubs, but for some reason I've never disliked Ipswich.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, BertFill said:

Also we're miles ahead and have shown that we're consistently at least as good and usually better than everyone else.

I don't like Leeds because they're Leeds and I'm old enough to have grown up with 'Dirty Leeds.'

I don't like Leeds because, well, I had to live there for a few years :P 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Have to remember that in the reverse fixture they did what you suggest and we were pretty poor, but we still only lost thanks to the woodwork and meslier somehow saving that last minute shot from off the goal line

Very true.. but like Coventry, this is their cup final at home. I think if they beat us they stroll on to 2nd 

Hopefully we turn up this time 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Man City and Liverpool both have separate winning runs of 17 and 18 games each in the past few years, in this era of them battling for the title for a number of years.

my stats must be out of date, sorry - anyway, still would take some doing and set a new, absurdly high standard.

Don't see it happening myself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ithuriel said:

There's always one...

- We're not outstanding, Leicester are outstanding.

- Leicester have a better Squad.

- Do they?