Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Same ref who was “one of the best “ in our game at you guys !

Obviously got worse since then !

;)

It's obvious he's trying hard to imitate Perluigi Collina. The way he moves, looks at the players, the straight red card to Corberan, he's doing a Collina cosplay which ofc will be enough for him to officiate in PL next season. 

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

That’s why the coaches shouldn’t be out of the technical area. If he’s in the area and stays close to the bench this doesn’t happen.

It’s really silly, but the only decision there is a red card.

The problem is the inconsistency of these refs and how they treat other managers. We have seen Klopp pushing and bullying the sideline officials and getting away with it. 

Next soft tackle inside the Southampton box will be given a pen but this ref. Probably a slight push or something. Watch it happen this half. 

Edited by Fear Of The Fox
  • Like 1

Not sure it was so clear cut - because the player is running at 90 degrees to the flight of the ball, his natural running motion means his hands aren't necessarily in an unnatural position.

Certainly an impossible call without replays.

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Not sure it was so clear cut - because the player is running at 90 degrees to the flight of the ball, his natural running motion means his hands aren't necessarily in an unnatural position.

Certainly an impossible call without replays.

He clearly put both his hands forward to stop the ball because he was thinking it was going straight into the net. I called in real time, I didn't need a replay. 

• Like 2

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

He clearly put both his hands forward to stop the ball because he was thinking it was going straight into the net. I called in real time, I didn't need a replay. 

Wow. Get you.

Shame to hear that ref Sam Allison may have missed a penalty, as many of you are saying.

I had the match on (muted as I am on the work clock), but missed the play.  Sometimes the ref simply doesn't and/or can't see the offence.

No VAR, no replay, no help.

Edited by lnkstern

3 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

Shame to hear that ref Sam Allison may have missed a penalty, as many of you are saying.

I had the match on (muted as I am on the work clock), but missed the play.  Sometimes the ref simply doesn't and/or can't see the offence.

No VAR, no replay, no help.

I don't think he 'missed' it, i think he just gave the defender the benefit of the doubt - there were a lot of bodies, a lot of movement, and a very quickly hit shot - even with the perfect angle. which probably didn't have, it was a tough call.

Two good goals, but otherwise southampton have been really poor - had it not been for some fortuitous blocks and some abject final balls from west brom, this could have been very different.

I thoroughly expected Southampton to win tonight. Simply because there were so many thinking it was a banana skin that it seemed almost inevitable. 

Our result tomorrow is still the only one that really matters, but the bonus of a West Brom win would have been nice 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

The ref probably had a different view to you, no?

• Like 1