Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Just now, Jobyfox said:

I thoroughly expected Southampton to win tonight. Simply because there were so many thinking it was a banana skin that it seemed almost inevitable. 

Our result tomorrow is still the only one that really matters, but the bonus of a West Brom win would have been nice 

I think the red card made a big difference, the so-called penalty etc.  they weren't that great and west brom just can't come back from a losing position.

It seems like southampton are a very different proposition if you press them, they've been very reckless playing out from the back.  If this is their standard, i can see a few more adventurous teams causing them some trouble,

• Like 1

Just now, Lillehamring said:

I think the red card made a big difference, the so-called penalty etc.  they weren't that great and west brom just can't come back from a losing position.

It seems like southampton are a very different proposition if you press them, they've been very reckless playing out from the back.  If this is their standard, i can see a few more adventurous teams causing them some trouble,

I’m hoping we can get at Southampton and cause them serious problems like we did before. To be honest I’m confident we can win that game which would pretty much confirm promotion if we do. 

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

Which is exactly what we did to them at their place. Pressed them high and quick and they buckled. 

• Like 4

Southampton still have to play 6 of the top 10, including all 3 of the big 4 this season, which will make it very difficult for them to secure 12 more points than us over 14 games. Not impossible, but I don’t think they’ve been great in their last 3 including tonight.

The penalty gets given on half time and I think we have a different game on our hands. I’m not too worried about them at this stage.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Southampton still have to play 6 of the top 10, including all 3 of the big 4 this season, which will make it very difficult for them to secure 12 more points than us over 14 games. Not impossible, but I don’t think they’ve been great in their last 3 including tonight.

The penalty gets given on half time and I think we have a different game on our hands. I’m not too worried about them at this stage.

Not yet… 

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I’m hoping we can get at Southampton and cause them serious problems like we did before. To be honest I’m confident we can win that game which would pretty much confirm promotion if we do. 

Absolutely.  I know our final ball can be a bit poor at times, but west brom were so wasteful.  I can see how they shipped goals in their last two.

No idea why the commentator is talking like it's been a masterclass from southampton.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Which is exactly what we did to them at their place. Pressed them high and quick and they buckled. 

I love FT!

I make a point, get no likes, you agree with me and get two!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I suppose we have to remember that all the teams in the Championship are pretty close in terms of ability with the exception of the top four. There are 15 points between Southampton and West Brom, which is the same difference as West Brom and Plymouth who are in 15th. 

All four of us just keep relentlessly beating all the other teams. The key is to avoid hiccups. We’ve been pretty good at that so far to be fair. Leeds and Saints can only hurt us in the two games they play against us. Despite their runs of form they need us to trip up elsewhere 

5 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I suppose we have to remember that all the teams in the Championship are pretty close in terms of ability with the exception of the top four. There are 15 points between Southampton and West Brom, which is the same difference as West Brom and Plymouth who are in 15th. 

All four of us just keep relentlessly beating all the other teams. The key is to avoid hiccups. We’ve been pretty good at that so far to be fair. Leeds and Saints can only hurt us in the two games they play against us. Despite their runs of form they need us to trip up elsewhere 

There’s also 15 points between us and Ipswich in 4th.

11 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Russell Martin’s post match interview in the studio on Sky - what a **** this guy is. I can’t quite find the word, but he’s certainly the opposite of likeable.

He comes across as smarmy know it all type...  He's easy to dislike 

Just now, gurru991 said:

He comes across as smarmy know it all type...  He's easy to dislike 

This shouldn’t come as too much of a shock. He played under Brendan Rodgers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Russell Martin’s post match interview in the studio on Sky - what a **** this guy is. I can’t quite find the word, but he’s certainly the opposite of likeable.

hes the sort who thinks hes god's gift.....cant stand the guy

would love Southampton to bottle second on the last day

19 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

What did he say that makes you feel that way?

All I want is for us to beat Leeds and then Southampton we just get on with finishing the job off. Let the others make all the noise they want it’s the results that matter.

COYF let’s show em!