Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Did the commentator really just say:

It's getting to the critical period - everything will be decided in the next 14, 15 games.....

He also mentioned that Southampton closed the gap to 11pts. He knows his maths. Southampton also got 3pts because they won. 

Thousands of toddlers applaud and the rest of us are in awe listening to this breakthrough commentary by modern journalism. 

I'm now going to bed feeling safe in this world. It's a new day tomorrow, more things to learn. I'm eager to be informed how a Leeds draw vs Plymouth will reflect to the table. 

6 hours ago, Tuna said:

They can go on all they like about that final day fixture between Leeds and Southampton, but it will be all over by then.

I also believe it will be over for top 2 positions by then…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stinkenzo said:

On the plus side we have to play both these teams and they weren't impressive 

It’s how they are against us,not how teams are playing each other…

Stay humble,keeps Coventry and Sheffield.Wednesday in mind…

33 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

With one game in hand…

If Leeds are considered dangerous,so then are Ipswich,until one or both flinch

To be honest, at this stage I don’t see either as dangerous to us, at this stage. It feels like watching a cricket game - you’re chasing 108 for the win and you’ve got to 78/4 still with 14 overs to go.

You know from here you should win, you’re relaxed and watching on with a nice cold beer in your hands. 
But it’s also in the back of your mind a couple of quick wickets (defeats) and it it could be game on again. I won’t be fully celebrating until Vardy launches Russell Martin over the boundary for a final 6

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

To be honest, at this stage I don’t see either as dangerous to us, at this stage. It feels like watching a cricket game - you’re chasing 108 for the win and you’ve got to 78/4 still with 14 overs to go.

You know from here you should win, you’re relaxed and watching on with a nice cold beer in your hands. 
But it’s also in the back of your mind a couple of quick wickets (defeats) and it it could be game on again. I won’t be fully celebrating until Vardy launches Russell Martin over the boundary for a final 6

Agree…Though so far on today, Foxes have not like  Root,Duckett and Bairstow

gifted opposition to turn the game…Winks blackout we still won..

And outside commentary never bothered me,

prefer to weigh up FT feelings & comments

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

That’s why the coaches shouldn’t be out of the technical area. If he’s in the area and stays close to the bench this doesn’t happen.

It’s really silly, but the only decision there is a red card.

Oh for sure it’s a red card by the letter of the law, but was the law designed with such incidents in mind? Without allowing for any situational nuance?

He absolutely deserves his red. Increasingly, technical areas are lines that managers just ignore. I would happily give Arteta a red every game - he spends more time on the pitch than some of his squad! 

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Martin was an absolute clogger of a player and seems to think he's the reincarnation of Pep.

Hope we absolutely smash them. He's an absolute narcissist.