Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

33 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

A settled team on the up at home against a team that's just come down with an unsettled squad, are you sure?

29 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

its at Hillsborough too and they'll be up for it as well

I was gonna say the same thing, I don't think Southampton will run away with the game let alone even win.

Always tough playing a side on the up, for starters, even if Wednesday did lose Moore. I'm interested to see how Southampton get on as I don't rate Martin that highly.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I only just learned of Enzo's time at Parma. Just because he's Italian doesn't make him a Ferrari. Frankly he could be a Fiat or an Abarth.

It wasn't his nationality that made him a sports car. It's more about his age and tactics. 

Nigel represents safe & secure = 4 door sedan

Enzo represent  risk & reward = sports car

11 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

It wasn't his nationality that made him a sports car. It's more about his age and tactics. 

Nigel represents safe & secure = 4 door sedan

Enzo represent  risk & reward = sports car

Enzo coincidentally is the name of the founder of Ferrari. That or he's a another bald guy from Man City. Say what you want about his tactics, it's a results business and it only matters if his tactics can bring results. There are 5 league games and a cup game or 2 before the international break. This is the Championship. We need to slay the beast, not waste time with feelings about spending years building something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Enzo coincidentally is the name of the founder of Ferrari. That or he's a another bald guy from Man City. Say what you want about his tactics, it's a results business and it only matters if his tactics can bring results. There are 5 league games and a cup game or 2 before the international break. This is the Championship. We need to slay the beast, not waste time with feelings about spending years building something.

As we seen with Rodgers he will be given the time even if results don't go our way early on, even though I think he will do well so I'm not really concerned. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Anyone else excited to watch the match tonight?

Makes a change from the usual premier league shite, and we get to check out the (potential) opposition in Southampton.

I'm quite aware you can't say these type of things without sounding bitter about our relegation, but genuinely its quite refreshing being out of the Premier League.

Obviously the Premier League is the league to be in, promotion is the aim and it's what we're striving for otherwise what's the point, but i'm fully embracing the Championship.

I've always said I like the Championship, (As a neutral) I probably do prefer it to the Premier League, however i've also always said I wouldn't wanna be back down there but we are where we are.

Without stating the bleeding obvious we don't wanna be down here for long, likewise with our season in League One, it was and still is one of my favourite seasons, but we wouldn't have wanted to spend more than a season down there.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Wednesday are crap and I’d be shocked if they don’t lose tonight 

It's a hard one to judge, Wednesday lost only 1 of their 23 home games last season so can't be that bad, albeit in League 1.

On the flip side, Southampton only won 6 out of 38 games last season, albeit in the Premier League.

It's quite a good game for the neutral tonight as i think it will really show each club where they are at. Regardless of who's linked where, their line up for tonight includes Walker-Peters, JWP, Tella & Armstrong - All of whom are more than capable in the Championship.

I am going for a Southampton win, JWP to score or assist & couple of cards for Wednesday.

Francis Benali talking about watching Southampton in their last friendly - "Straight from kick off, it was back to the keeper, across the back line".

It was Russell Martin who was dubbed the "new" Brendan Rodgers when being linked to us wasn't he? Couldn't be truer to the word! :crylaugh: 

Edited by Matt

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Francis Benali talking about watching Southampton in their last friendly - "Straight from kick off, it was back to the keeper, across the back line".

It was Russell Martin who was dubbed the "new" Brendan Rodgers when being linked to us wasn't he? Couldn't be truer to the word! :crylaugh: 

We’re all here to enjoy some championship football tonight and yet you are still rambling on about stuff like this, get over it fella 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1