Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

- plus regardless of what’s happening it’s always good to see a club like Leeds fall apart at the end of the season.

You can see a real sense of fragility to them at times. I could see them completely collapsing in the playoffs if they fail to grab second. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Foxysausages said:

Why do people feel the need to rely on other people's results when we should be concentrating on our own game? I don't care what Leeds or Soton do.
Do anyone really think Plymouth could get something from a team that have won 7 from 7??

I care, and this being football, stranger things happen all the time, than Plymouth at home holding Leeds to one point.

So I'm still watching even though they are one down.

If I didn't care, I'd be watching higher quality football in Brentford v Liverpool.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I mean, 8 wins in the row in the league, 19-1 cumulative score.  Obviously pretty poor.

Did you watch the match? They looked wholly uninspiring against a pretty poor Plymouth. The quality of their passing was particularly poor. 

13 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Did you watch the match? They looked wholly uninspiring against a pretty poor Plymouth. The quality of their passing was particularly poor. 

Probably their worst performance since before Christmas tbf - yet they still won with a clean sheet. Not sure you can count on them being that poor when they play us. They also beat us when they were a much worse team than they currently are. 

1 goal conceded in 8 games says it all. They’re the strongest team in the league defensively right now. 

Edited by LeedsFox95
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Plymouth are actually really strong at home and I think, top scorers in the league at home.  Not 'pretty poor' by any stretch of the imagination.  We didn't play as well as previous games, stopped them scoring, scored two and hit the woodwork twice.

If that's us on an off day now, I'll take it.

47 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Overall record against Leeds, Southampton, Boro, Coventry, Hull and Ipswich is a big concern. 

9 games: 2 wins, 2 draws, 5 defeats. 

Why include Boro and not Watford?

Watford are higher in the league and we've beaten them twice.

48 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Overall record against Leeds, Southampton, Boro, Coventry, Hull and Ipswich is a big concern. 

9 games: 2 wins, 2 draws, 5 defeats. 

What a bizarre and random group of teams to select to prove a weird point? 
Look how badly we did against all the teams we didn’t beat.

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

New prediction based on last 6 form, this one is more scary than the previous.  We not top of this one, and not far ahead of 3rd.

Leeds 108pts
Leicester 106pts
Southampton 102pts
Ipswich 92 points

Interesting, and not surprising actually