Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Why include Boro and not Watford?

Watford are higher in the league and we've beaten them twice.

Boro finished top 6 last year and have had a lot of disruption to contend with this year. 

Carrick is a very good coach and I’ve no doubt if he had not had to have so many ins and outs this year they would be in WBA’s position.

They are a very good side. 

Lose at Elland road and this season, no matter where we finish or what points we achieve will forever have an asterisk next to it for us and Enzo’s first full season in management.

The record against quality in this league cannot be ignored.

HUGE games against Soton and Leeds now, for us AND Enzo. 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Lose at Elland road and this season, no matter where we finish or what points we achieve will forever have an asterisk next to it for us and Enzo’s first full season in management.

Wow that’s a joke 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Have to admit after today I'm a little concerned Leeds might over take us

I’m not sure why you have had the reactions to this post you have. They have to be favourites for the game next week. They are  8 on the trot and at home where they are unbeaten. If they do win, that puts them 6 points behind. Their fixtures also look a lot easier than ours. If they did win next week, they’d have some serious momentum as well and arguably should claw that gap back.

My thinking along those lines is based around if they win next week. If we turn up and put in a performance and come away with 3 points then the rest of the above is moot.

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Proof if any were needed that The Verve were completely and utterly wrong. 

Or it’s very right of anyone to raise the issue we seem to have against the few sides of quality in this division? 

50 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

So, we could lose to Leeds, go up as Champions beating the record for most points EVER and you’d be sat there unhappy. 

Time to look for a new hobby I suggest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

8 games ago Leeds were 17 points behind us, now 9, there is 13 games left.

Really grateful now Saints and Leeds still to play each other.

13 games ago they were 8 behind, statistics can be taken either way really, they could easily find themselves looking to make up a lot of ground again.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

13 games ago they were 8 behind, statistics can be taken either way really, they could easily find themselves looking to make up a lot of ground again.

Pretty much. Win on Friday and they're back to needing 1ppg extra on us to catch us, we're still in firm control and people need to stop with this pants shitting at every set back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

8 games ago Leeds were 17 points behind us, now 9, there is 13 games left.

Really grateful now Saints and Leeds still to play each other.

8 games ago the gap to 3rd was 11 points. 

Today, the gap to 3rd is 11 points 

16 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

8 games ago the gap to 3rd was 11 points. 

Today, the gap to 3rd is 11 points 

Southampton played a game less though. if they win midweek and Leeds win on friday thats quickly down to 5 points. 

Nothing to do with today's result, but I haven't been completely comfortable all season. As absurd as it sounds, we've never quite looked like a team who built such a formidable points tally. I think it's because our 5 defeats have been evenly spread....we haven't done a 25 game run,instead spellls.of 7 or 8 games.. So we have always been 5 games away from or 5 games towards a defeat 

I have the anxiety as if we were 5 points ahead, not 9. The teams in second third and fourth ordinarily never perform to the levels they are this year. So the 9 isn't as unassailable as it ordinarily would be. 

The thing I cling to is that although I can see us ****ing up to one of those chasers, but 2? Especially when they might take points off each other (and we can take points off them too)....som2 x teams to overtak us is  pushing it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxes4life said:

Southampton played a game less though. if they win midweek and Leeds win on friday thats quickly down to 5 points. 

If Leeds beat us and Southampton win their game in hand the gap to 3rd would be 8 points

EDIT: oh sorry, you’re assuming Southampton win both games in hand. 

either way the previous was someone talking about the gap had closed compared to 8 games ago but it’s actually the same, to 3rd

Edited by Les-TA-Jon

4 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Odd. Imagine winning the league and then saying yeah well done but you didn't do it well enough. 

Best remind Claudio about his asterisk from losing twice to Arsenal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

So because we lost to Arsenal twice in 15/16, does that mean we didn’t win the League?

I am so deflated right now, going for a little cry.

Behave. 

That season our record against sides at the top of the division was very good.

This season, it’s been poor.