Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Think the presure will be on Leeds a bit this Fri, the place will be rocking though, hope the LCFC boys can locate their b*llocks. 

Leeds know if they want to stand any chance clinching the title they would need to win. Anything over than that, they pretty much out of the title race.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Leeds know if they want to stand any chance clinching the title they would need to win. Anything over than that, they pretty much out of the title race.

Can't imagine they are bothered about 1st place in the slightest tbh. They know they need to keep picking wins up to stay in the top 2, which is infinitely more important than saying you were 1st.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Think the presure will be on Leeds a bit this Fri, the place will be rocking though, hope the LCFC boys can locate their b*llocks. 

Pressure is on us too. Pressure is always on when a team is top. Everyone waiting for you to slip up.

Can't wait for Friday already. Love the trip to Elland Road but this season will be even more better with it being such a game. Hopefully we will get something, we definitely can.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BertFill said:

We prove we're the best by finishing top. If we finish top, we're the best. If we don't, we're not.

Well the doubt stems from what happened after August, I suppose.  Whilst appreciating that Leicester's pre-season wasn't perfect, Leeds was clearly worse (results alone proved that) and August was our most disruptive month.  Leicester gained 7 points over Leeds in that period and since then, there has been very little to choose between the two teams.  If Leeds win on Friday, it'll sneak Leeds just ahead of Leicester on points since August.

There would be an argument to put forward at that point, that since both teams had been put together (6 of the team that started in our first game, did not start on Saturday.  4 who featured have left the club entirely, a fifth on loan), Leeds are the better of the two teams.  Or that they are evenly matched. I'm not saying that would be right or fair necessarily as there would have been different teams faced.  But it wouldn't be a wholly unreasonable argument either. 

That's where the doubt stems from, rightly or wrongly.  Leeds doing the double over Leicester certainly isn't going to help clear it up.

6 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Well the doubt stems from what happened after August, I suppose.  Whilst appreciating that Leicester's pre-season wasn't perfect, Leeds was clearly worse (results alone proved that) and August was our most disruptive month.  Leicester gained 7 points over Leeds in that period and since then, there has been very little to choose between the two teams.  If Leeds win on Friday, it'll sneak Leeds just ahead of Leicester on points since August.

There would be an argument to put forward at that point, that since both teams had been put together (6 of the team that started in our first game, did not start on Saturday.  4 who featured have left the club entirely, a fifth on loan), Leeds are the better of the two teams.  Or that they are evenly matched. I'm not saying that would be right or fair necessarily as there would have been different teams faced.  But it wouldn't be a wholly unreasonable argument either. 

That's where the doubt stems from, rightly or wrongly.  Leeds doing the double over Leicester certainly isn't going to help clear it up.

Just say you think Leeds are better and have been all season mate, you're clearly busting to say it but havent been able to because we've been well clear for ages. Nobody cares if that's what you think lol

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Have you got a picture of the “after August” league trophy?

I wonder if it is as nice as the other one they give out, you know just the standard full title trophy.

• Haha 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
20 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Yeah Leicester's team isn't different to then either is it? Why you hanging about on here? Leeds must have won a few games I guess...

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

You wonder who would take over at Sunderland.

It's a fairly unforgiving job with massive expectations.

Being pretty poorly run still as well, every time they've got rid of a manager under the new owner, they've done it without a plan! 

Also has to be someone willing to come in and make the youngest average age in the Champ without a recognised 9 work for the rest of the season.

Problem going into a club like that right now, still only 4 pts off the play-offs so there will be actual expectations still!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Replaced a popular manager and never got the fans onside from day one .

Plus showing pretty inconsistent form so not a surprise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

They should get Rodgers for a few years once he gets the boot from Celtic.

59 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

That's Beales career done then. Probably one final attempt at say a Pompey or a Bradford. 

Seemed to have a good reputation as an assistant but it’s not translated to being the main man. Probably better to go back to what he’s good at…

“Beale is understood to have lost the dressing room, with the Sunderland players particularly unhappy at being made to do extra training after a defeat, while the manager himself took the day off”

that was never going to

end well 🤣

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Just say you think Leeds are better and have been all season mate, you're clearly busting to say it but havent been able to because we've been well clear for ages. Nobody cares if that's what you think lol

Touchy!! :D  Honestly, I really don't think that mate and have never suggested (here or on a Leeds forum). If anything, the doubt isn't stemming from me.

But isn't the point still relevant, team vs team?  We didn't finish signing players until right at the end of August.  Nobody is going to suggest that Leeds have been the better team over the whole season, if Leicester finish on more points.  That'd be mental.  But team vs team as a finished article (August on), is it really outlandish to say that Leeds might be just as good or even a bit better?  if that's what the 1 vs 1 results and points totals end up saying, it's probably true isn't it?

I've personally been consistent since the start of the season.  I think Leicester win the league and comfortably.  I think you'll probably end up on more points than us since August too.   Doesn't mean you can't have a hypothetical discussion about it....or maybe it does lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yeah Leicester's team isn't different to then either is it? Why you hanging about on here? Leeds must have won a few games I guess...

There are degrees and variances at play.  As far as i'm aware, every player who started your first game or came on as sub, is still a Leicester player. Is that right?  5 of ours are no longer at the club.  That points to the difference and surely the results show the impact?  We had a dreadful start and your results in the first few games were faultless.

Isn't that a fair aspect to reflect on?