Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Effectively a three point margin come the end of the season is a bit risky for us, would hope we would have secured promotion before the last two games of the season :fc:

Even if we lose to both Leeds and Southampton (which is possible but we'd back ourselves to do better of course) it's still in our hands, even if they all get maximum points (which they can't and they very likely won't) 

7 wins is probably the aim. Takes us to 99, but no doubt there will be a draw or two in there as well. Not sure if it'll be enough to win the league but it'll be enough for promotion you would have thought.

16 hours ago, filbertway said:

Strikes me as someone whos clearly a good coach but just doesn't have thr skills to manage people.

Agree..but one can be ,not a good man manger,but at least manage the moments,

If they at least have that,they can respect the manager…

some have both,or just fall into “ only routine” which often leads to club,just going

through the motions…Which to be honest many thought would happen to us

BUT LCFC management saw they had to change & put out they need someone who 

can change our style and system…Viola up pops Enzo…

We are still in new project phase,but the bbone idea from Enzo is seen and understood. It’s not a second Man.city,it’s a different version,with

Enzo-blueprint, with expansion growth and needs.Learning steps,with mistakes,

twists & tweaks  would be obvious,just like the massive positive steps and the

kneading and moulding of the squad.Foundations laid,

proven his man management skills, rekindle carreers,and started many,some from

european pool,or Academy giving him a pedigree and solid base to grow…

looking just at the championship and leagues management turn over this season,

we are in good nick with Enzo.By presentation,delivery of goods,he’s become also

a club project that support and taken care of. Though we too like Enzo,have to-be canny but from another angle..

And he taking his apprenticeship,any decent or big clubs

,should first  wait to see how his first 2-4 seasons develope,he is only 44yrs old.

54 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

You're moving the goal posts a bit here. 

You initially were talking about cold, hard points - i.e points gained since August: Leeds 64, Leicester 66. You said the only reason you were behind us was your 'disastrous' August. But you did get 5 points out of 12 and have indeed had worse 4 game runs in other parts of the season. 

Your retort is all about off the pitch intangibles. 

They were four games we should have won and almost certainly would do if we played then now.  That's the difference.  Not much sense in talking about the rest of the season as we've both dropped points at times.  That's normal.  We just dropped far more in those games than we would have if we played then now and I'm quire sure you wouldn't argue against that, given present form.

I didn't say Leeds would be ahead of Leicester since August either.  I said we would if we won on Friday.

I also didn't argue that this makes Leeds a better team.  The entire discussion was about why some of your supporters have some doubt in their minds.  I didn't even start the dialogue mate:D

13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Agree..but one can be ,not a good man manger,but at least manage the moments,

If they at least have that,they can respect the manager…

some have both,or just fall into “ only routine” which often leads to club,just going

through the motions…Which to be honest many thought would happen to us

BUT LCFC management saw they had to change & put out they need someone who 

can change our style and system…Viola up pops Enzo…

We are still in new project phase,but the bbone idea from Enzo is seen and understood. It’s not a second Man.city,it’s a different version,with

Enzo-blueprint, with expansion growth and needs.Learning steps,with mistakes,

twists & tweaks  would be obvious,just like the massive positive steps and the

kneading and moulding of the squad.Foundations laid,

proven his man management skills, rekindle carreers,and started many,some from

european pool,or Academy giving him a pedigree and solid base to grow…

looking just at the championship and leagues management turn over this season,

we are in good nick with Enzo.By presentation,delivery of goods,he’s become also

a club project that support and taken care of. Though we too like Enzo,have to-be canny but from another angle..

And he taking his apprenticeship,any decent or big clubs

,should first  wait to see how his first 2-4 seasons develope,he is only 44yrs old.

Enzo comes across as a leader and a builder, he has trusted staff. For all I may not be on board with him tactically, his actual management skills so far appear to be top notch and well recieved.

Of course, it's easy to come across as a good manager when things are going well and the majority of your staff are in good spirits, you don't truly find out what a person is like until they and their team are put under stress. 

So I fancy that by christmas we'll have seen Enzo under pressure and we'll start to have a good feel of the man over the next 12 months.

Beale went into Sunderland under a cloud, he doesn't appear to be much of a leader and seems like a knob when the chips are down.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

They were four games we should have won and almost certainly would do if we played then now.  That's the difference.  Not much sense in talking about the rest of the season as we've both dropped points at times.  That's normal.  We just dropped far more in those games than we would have if we played then now and I'm quire sure you wouldn't argue against that, given present form.

I didn't say Leeds would be ahead of Leicester since August either.  I said we would if we won on Friday.

I also didn't argue that this makes Leeds a better team.  The entire discussion was about why some of your supporters have some doubt in their minds.  I didn't even start the dialogue mate:D

All I'm saying is what I said before: the coherent part of your argument is:

Since August:

• Leicester P29 66pts
  • Leeds P29 64pts
  • Ipswich P28 58pts
  • Southampton P28 57pts

The incoherent bit is: banging on about how awful your August was when you still got 5/12 points (even though you had a pub team of semi-professionals) and have actually had worse 4-game runs (4/12 in Dec) in other parts of the season (when you had your team of Galacticos in place) 

It kinda renders your argument a bit irrelevant? 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Enzo comes across as a leader and a builder, he has trusted staff. For all I may not be on board with him tactically, his actual management skills so far appear to be top notch and well recieved.

Of course, it's easy to come across as a good manager when things are going well and the majority of your staff are in good spirits, you don't truly find out what a person is like until they and their team are put under stress. 

So I fancy that by christmas we'll have seen Enzo under pressure and we'll start to have a good feel of the man over the next 12 months.

Beale went into Sunderland under a cloud, he doesn't appear to be much of a leader and seems like a knob when the chips are down.

A knob when the chips are down,

is a Merguez n chips,or an hot dog n chips butty..lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

All I'm saying is what I said before: the coherent part of your argument is:

Since August:

• Leicester P29 66pts
  • Leeds P29 64pts
  • Ipswich P28 58pts
  • Southampton P28 57pts

The incoherent bit is: banging on about how awful your August was when you still got 5/12 points (even though you had a pub team of semi-professionals) and have actually had worse 4-game runs (4/12 in Dec) in other parts of the season (when you had your team of Galacticos in place) 

It kinda renders your argument a bit irrelevant? 

So you believe if we have that run of games now, we pick up the same points?

I don't.

Just now, Pub breath said:

I don't.

I don't either. I'm just saying it's irrelevant. And the logic doesn't stand up to much scrutiny given you actually had a worse 4-game run in another period of the season, with your team of world beaters assembled. 

The cold hard facts quite clearly demonstrate that Leeds have been almost as good as Leicester this season after August. 64 vs 66 points. That's not disputable. So I'd stick to that rather than this silly 'we were disrupted in August' narrative. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

I don't.

Honestly, some people on here you could say "Leicester play in blue" and they'd find a way to correct you lol

I admire your restraint on here, you often make very fair points and don't come across antagonistic at all, yet we've got a clutch of people here desperate to be offended and argumentative because you're not a Leicester fan :D 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Not sure exactly what you're asking but if all 4 of us average 2.00 points per game from here until the end: 

Leicester 104

Leeds 95

Southampton 95

Ipswich 94

just to see when we would be promoted mathematically speaking. So we would be up on game week 43 /46 worst case scenario best case scenario if we continue our current ppg we would be promoted by Norwich at home.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Honestly, some people on here you could say "Leicester play in blue" and they'd find a way to correct you lol

I admire your restraint on here, you often make very fair points and don't come across antagonistic at all, yet we've got a clutch of people here desperate to be offended and argumentative because you're not a Leicester fan :D 

Ha ha!  Honestly, it would be degrees worse if it was a Leicester fan on Waccoe.  There used to be a policy of no fans of other clubs so it was a massive echo chamber.

Thanks but I don't mind at all.  No sense in being bothered or antagonistic because other folk don't share your ideas.  You'd have a life of frustration!

Forum rules do dictate that in the face of new and compelling evidence, one should double down hard on your original position. :D  

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, filbertway said:

3 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Ha ha!  Honestly, it would be degrees worse if it was a Leicester fan on Waccoe.  There used to be a policy of no fans of other clubs so it was a massive echo chamber.

Thanks but I don't mind at all.  No sense in being bothered or antagonistic because other folk don't share your ideas.  You'd have a life of frustration!

Forum rules do dictate that in the face of new and compelling evidence, one should double down hard on your original position. :D  

Happy to be told where I was antagonistic, argumentative or offended. I thought it was an interesting discussion and reasoned debate. 

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

7 wins is probably the aim. Takes us to 99, but no doubt there will be a draw or two in there as well. Not sure if it'll be enough to win the league but it'll be enough for promotion you would have thought.

Our last 6 games are quite favourable and also we have a couple of other winnable ties before. even if we lose to Leeds we should have more than enough from here 

9 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

This is my policy, especially when it came to Brendan Rodgers despite being in the 1% that saw him for the absolute fraud he was :p

Should be a good game Friday. Literally no idea what to expect. Small amount of evidence we have, I feel like we'll crumble and take our first hiding of the season, but then whenever I'm confident we'll get battered we then pull out a heroic performance and win comfortably lol

Ultimately I don't think the result will matter and it's basically a straight shoot out between yourselves and Southampton for that last spot. I think all 3 of us will pick up roughly the same amount of points for the remainder of the season, can't see anyone having a dramatic drop off.  

Your game against each other is going to go down as one of the legendary football league final day fixtures if you're still neck and neck.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, filbertway said:

This is my policy, especially when it came to Brendan Rodgers despite being in the 1% that saw him for the absolute fraud he was :p

Should be a good game Friday. Literally no idea what to expect. Small amount of evidence we have, I feel like we'll crumble and take our first hiding of the season, but then whenever I'm confident we'll get battered we then pull out a heroic performance and win comfortably lol

Ultimately I don't think the result will matter and it's basically a straight shoot out between yourselves and Southampton for that last spot. I think all 3 of us will pick up roughly the same amount of points for the remainder of the season, can't see anyone having a dramatic drop off.  

Your game against each other is going to go down as one of the legendary football league final day fixtures if you're still neck and neck.

...and I strongly suspect it will.  What an occasion that'll be!!

The oddest thing of all?  I'm not really all that bothered about being in the PL.  It's such a contradiction because success will be promotion.  This, down here though, is all so much better.

59 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Not sure exactly what you're asking but if all 4 of us average 2.00 points per game from here until the end: 

Leicester 104

Leeds 95

Southampton 95

Ipswich 94

56 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

just to see when we would be promoted mathematically speaking. So we would be up on game week 43 /46 worst case scenario best case scenario if we continue our current ppg we would be promoted by Norwich at home.

This is for the ones desperate for records

If we lose  2 draw 2 win 9..

We break the record points total totaling 107pts

This gives us some leaway…

because Leeds Max is 108pts

Southampton is ………….109pts

Ipswich is………………….  .108pts

Southampton play Ipswich ***

Southampton play Leeds..***

of the 4 teams Leeds have the easiest run in where one could say

they could win all their games.

Then we would have to return..for title.

3 losses..better GD. or 2 losses 1 draw

for promotion depends on the tightest call

of those 3 teams playing each other ***

But football is football,one has to wait to see how the ball rolls..

Its still too early to call..We keep our form no worries.

1 hour ago, Pub breath said:

There are certainly one or two touchy members on Waccoe. I've been a passive 'member' for about eight years because I sometimes like to see what fans of other clubs think, but have only posted about four times in total (each of which was very respectful). A few days before the game at the KP in November I was monitoring a pre-match thread but hadn't posted anything and was a bit surprised when another member noticed my username at the top of the thread, clicked on my profile, figured out that I support Leicester and had a rant at me for even being on the site. I mean, I can kind of understand it when folks get irritated by an opposition fan on the wind-up, but to lose your shit over somebody silently observing a thread takes some doing....lol

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Haha 1