Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Lets see how Southamptons squad looks at the end of the window when a fair few of their best players, including 3 or 4 who are starting tonight for them, are probably gone.

Not like they are doing this to one of the better sides in the Championship either, Sheff Wed are going to be fodder, this manager wont last 10 games

Exactly this, last season this was Premier League vs League One. Let’s be about right!

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

I guarantee you all, we won't be as good as Southampton this season. 

We're a ragbag team of those who want out, those at the end of their careers, those who are flops and too many desperate garbage signings, despite their young age.

You can have delusions of grandeur if you want.  If we finish above 8th it will be a miracle!!!!!

Ei Ei Ei O Up the Football League we go..

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

That's a bit of an over reaction.

Granted, they are looking very good, but take away Tella, JWP & Walker-Peters from that team, which may well be the case before the window ends, then they are significantly weakened, albeit still a good team.

We could easily match this Southampton dominance.

I hope you are right I really do. I just don't have any confidence in the way the club operates. Southampton can play hardball with their best players, we have given ours away to the moneybags clubs and signed basically championship players. 

• Like 1

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

I hope you are right I really do. I just don't have any confidence in the way the club operates. Southampton can play hardball with their best players, we have given ours away to the moneybags clubs and signed basically championship players. 

we sold Barnes for 45m and Maddison for 45m what are you on about?

1 minute ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Edozie looks good. But then again he is up against a Callum Paterson who looks about 50 but is actually only 28!

Sheff weds need to play counter as there is massive space in behind 

Think the bloke has played every position on the pitch apart from goalkeeper aswell

Im not worried about Southampton. Their manager is touted as the "next brendan rodgers".

Therefore teams will find out that if you sit back and let southampton have the ball they wont be able to do anything except shoot from distance.

Edited by honeybradger

8 minutes ago, Bilo said:

KDH, Faes, Praet, Daka, Nacho, Souttar, Castagne from last season are all at least as good as their Southampton counterparts.

Technically yes, attitude and application wise no (KDH and Nacho excepted). If they were we would not be in this division. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Edozie looks good. But then again he is up against a Callum Paterson who looks about 50 but is actually only 28!

Sheff weds need to play counter as there is massive space in behind 

Paterson is only 28? Surely not. Seems like he played for Cardiff about 20 years ago lol 

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

They’ve signing Ryan Manning, who is a Championship player, Shea Charles, made 1 sub appearance in his career and a backup keeper from France.

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

we sold Barnes for 45m and Maddison for 45m what are you on about?

Where are we getting 45 million from? It was 40 and 38 with add ins, which may or may not materialise. Southampton are sticking 50m or no deal. We bent over backwards and took it from Spurs and the Geordies. If ****ing Gordon is worth 50m Madders and Barnes were.