Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

Nah it said he’s having an op which would mean a 6 week recovery. Although it sounded like he needed it asap so assuming it’ll be something like a bypass. 

A brummy fan at work says it's Prostate Cancer 😔

I'm inclined to believe him as he's called many other things right about the club over the last three years.

Shame if true, Mowbray is a good manager.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder at what point Enzo points to us not strengthening in January in his press conferences as a factor in our struggles. It's coming.

You could have had Fabio Silva as a spare striker if you all think Daka is crap. Rangers took him off us on loan for free just by paying his wages in full.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You could have had Fabio Silva as a spare striker if you all think Daka is crap. Rangers took him off us on loan for free just by paying his wages in full.

And yet you told us Silva was gonna come good. Mendes Pension Fund worked superbly on him 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

And yet you told us Silva was gonna come good. Mendes scheme worked superbly on him 

He's alright but don't think he'll ever quite be PL standard. He's still young so never say never, but yeah our CEO got his pants pulled down on that deal believing he was some kind of generational talent. 

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder at what point Enzo points to us not strengthening in January in his press conferences as a factor in our struggles. It's coming.

We could have brought in Yann M’Vila as a free agent but he’s gone to West Brom.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It is, and he’d be absolutely right to do it.

• Like 3

Do you think so ? I don’t know. I don’t think he will stoop to that level. If he does and we continue to “struggle” could the nearest person slap him. 

There’s no excuse to throw the autos from this stage. Even a dry January transfer window! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He's alright but don't think he'll ever quite be PL standard. He's still young so never say never, but yeah our CEO got his pants pulled down on that deal believing he was some kind of generational talent. 

He's not alright mate, he's shite

13 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

And we saw against us that defensively they are bang average.

They've conceded less League goals in 2024 than we did in one match. I'm not on board with the negativity but we're the best team in the league with the most goals scored and we got 1. They have statistically the best defence in the league. For this level they're evidently not bang average.

He'd look like a absolute mug if he complained about the January window. 4 strikers most of the league would be happy having 1 of. Probably the best 8 in the division. £10m Coady on the bench. Yunus never used. He's got the tools.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

He'd look like a absolute mug if he complained about the January window. 4 strikers most of the league would be happy having 1 of. Probably the best 8 in the division. £10m Coady on the bench. Yunus never used. He's got the tools.

I look at our bench compared to our three rivals and bar up front and defence I don't see the tools. I think he needs to tighten us up in close games with subs, rather than going like for like as the replacements for our wingers or midfielders are nowhere near as good. 

Yunus is the only one who has made an impact off the bench in 2024 (along with Vardy) but he is very reluctant to use him. McAteer has been the pits.

I don't think he will do this season. I keep saying it, but he's been very pragmatic about how hard this division is and the demands of the number of games etc. He's never come across as cocky and has always tried to keep everything grounded. I think he will keep it like this for the rest of the season. However, internally, not being able to get reinforcements for Ndidi and Cassadei, and the club not being able to dispose of the dead wood will clearly have annoyed him.

If we go up, i think next year we see a different version of Enzo. One that will make more demands of the board and will be less pragmatic with the players and the overall club. He will have to be, because being too nice in the PL isn't going to cut it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Do you think so ? I don’t know. I don’t think he will stoop to that level. If he does and we continue to “struggle” could the nearest person slap him. 

There’s no excuse to throw the autos from this stage. Even a dry January transfer window! 

I do because he was absolutely seething we failed to recruit in January, his blunt statement that there will be a time and place to talk about that will come back around and it won't be in a place of positivity when it does. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I look at our bench compared to our three rivals and bar up front and defence I don't see the tools. I think he needs to tighten us up in close games with subs, rather than going like for like as the replacements for our wingers or midfielders are nowhere near as good. 

Yunus is the only one who has made an impact off the bench in 2024 (along with Vardy) but he is very reluctant to use him. McAteer has been the pits.

It's probably more stacked in defence than attack, but Enzo also only utilises one striker in a system when we have a good number of options there. I like the system and the way we play, but I'd question his inflexibility if he complained about lack of options. Would be the world's smallest violin.

Against Leeds and Southampton sure, they can compete with us on squad strength. Nobody else can.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Think its called fitness

And willpower let's face it you lot were lucky, in end to get 2 draws against us we battered you in the second half of both games our defence leaks too many silly goals but then that's the price we pay for our open expansive style of play one thing is for sure which ever teams go up this year will have well and truly earned it good luck to you  Ross itfc

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

It's probably more stacked in defence than attack, but Enzo also only utilises one striker in a system when we have a good number of options there. I like the system and the way we play, but I'd question his inflexibility if he complained about lack of options. Would be the world's smallest violin.

Against Leeds and Southampton sure, they can compete with us on squad strength. Nobody else can.

Sarmiento and Hutchinson are scoring off the bench most weeks for Ipswich at the min, it's a great resource to have.

No manager in the world when defending a slender lead is changing systems to go 2 up front. That's our problem, we need subs to come on and see out leads. The requirement to get us back in games has been few and far between but the fact we immediately lose the plot on a number of occasions when we bring on the likes of McAteer is frustrating.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sarmiento and Hutchinson are scoring off the bench most weeks for Ipswich at the min, it's a great resource to have.

No manager in the world when defending a slender lead is changing systems to go 2 up front. That's our problem, we need subs to come on and see out leads. The requirement to get us back in games has been few and far between but the fact we immediately lose the plot on a number of occasions when we bring on the likes of McAteer is frustrating.

I'm a little surprised we didn't utilise the loan market more. We must have good connections there. Just think it would look ridiculous to complain about signings when it's one of the strongest squads to ever play at this level.

11 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I'm a little surprised we didn't utilise the loan market more. We must have good connections there. Just think it would look ridiculous to complain about signings when it's one of the strongest squads to ever play at this level.

Don't get me wrong, there's not going to be much sympathy as you say. But it's clear we are lacking a genuine rival to Mavididi and Fatawu and in central midfield we are weaker than we were earlier in the season. 

A loan at the bare minimum was needed, I think we've overspent last summer and are panicking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

A brummy fan at work says it's Prostate Cancer 😔

I'm inclined to believe him as he's called many other things right about the club over the last three years.

Shame if true, Mowbray is a good manager.

Having recently undergone a prostatectomy I can confirm there's a 6 week period after surgery you are restricted from any sport, driving, etc. I did wonder when 6 weeks was mentioned. 

I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Not really, we play a certain style of football which requires players who fit the style, we've got virtually nothing in terms of quality cover in wide positions, whereas Ipswich have two or three, hence why they keep getting late goals, they can bring Burns and Harness off and there is no drop down in quality.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't get me wrong, there's not going to be much sympathy as you say. But it's clear we are lacking a genuine rival to Mavididi and Fatawu and in central midfield we are weaker than we were earlier in the season. 

A loan at the bare minimum was needed, I think we've overspent last summer and are panicking.

Yeh wingers are the weird one. So important in our system and a significant drop in quality once Mavididi or Fatawu is out.

Just now, Tuna said:

Not really, we play a certain style of football which requires players who fit the style, we've got virtually nothing in terms of quality cover in wide positions, whereas Ipswich have two or three, hence why they keep getting late goals, they can bring Burns and Harness off and there is no drop down in quality.

But it would look very silly for Enzo to complain in this context because a league 1 squad is doing alright.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zeurelious said:

And willpower let's face it you lot were lucky, in end to get 2 draws against us we battered you in the second half of both games our defence leaks too many silly goals but then that's the price we pay for our open expansive style of play one thing is for sure which ever teams go up this year will have well and truly earned it good luck to you  Ross itfc

🤣🤣

Blatant pen and a second booking at Portman Road not given but yeah Ipswich all over us in second half as backed by the stats. 

xG heavily in our favour at the King Power. 

• Like 4